Carte de résident

Debra

Re: Carte de résident

Post by Debra » Wed May 23, 2018 2:03 am

misswoodentop wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:31 am
Fingerprint readers? That's for a CdS? They take your fingerprints at the meeting?
Yes :)

The withdrawal agreement says that they can do a criminality check on us but I think maybe they already do. If they don't, they certainly have enough info to do one from the details you have to produce to get the card.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance » Wed May 23, 2018 7:07 am

ANYONE who applies for a carte de sejour, regardless of where they come from, now has their fingerprints taken. My African and USAian friends are quite used to it. It's the norm.
I tried to apply for a titre de sejour permanent to which I'm entitled. I was refused on the grounds that I don't need one. Too long a story, but a complaint is being dealt with.
A few days after the referendum the Mairie gave me all the papers to apply for French citizenship. A nice gesture. I didn't do it.
Right now I don't feel up to applying for a TdeS again. Maybe in a few weeks. I do worry a bit about life after the B word, but think I need to chill. A friend has offered to marry me if it would help! Not sure about that though! I suppose it's one way of getting a man, but a bit extreme... ;)

parsnips

Post by parsnips » Wed May 23, 2018 9:49 am

Hi,
Getting a permanent carte de sejour is not onerous if you meet the criteria ; yes, they take fingerprints (digitally -no ink) but in my case, due to abrasion by physical work, they didn't register , the interviewer was not bothered , she said this was often the case with gardeners etc. and let it go.

tohubohu

Post by tohubohu » Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am

I'm still don't understand the reluctance,if it was a case of not wanting an ID card ,I would say to that what is your driving licence or passport if not ID.
Maybe (my thoughts entirly) there is a problem of two words,immigrant and expatriate,getting a titre de sejour is "committing" to your new home thus becoming an immigrant.
Expatriate in its original meaning, someone who is sent into exile,has become a much more noble name in modern times with its definition changing to,someone who chooses to live abroad for work or otherwise.Like I said its only my thoughts.
Mieux vaut être saoule que con, parce que ça dure moins longtemps

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Wed May 23, 2018 11:19 am

tohubohu wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:04 am
I'm still don't understand the reluctance,if it was a case of not wanting an ID card ,I would say to that what is your driving licence or passport if not ID.
Maybe (my thoughts entirly) there is a problem of two words,immigrant and expatriate,getting a titre de sejour is "committing" to your new home thus becoming an immigrant.
Expatriate in its original meaning, someone who is sent into exile,has become a much more noble name in modern times with its definition changing to,someone who chooses to live abroad for work or otherwise.Like I said its only my thoughts.
I'm all in favour of ID cards (including in the UK) but I don't see the point of doing something before you have to. I think more people feel like this than having an objection to a card, although I could be wrong.
These users thanked the author Kathyc for the post:
Archy (Wed May 23, 2018 3:43 pm)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed May 23, 2018 11:22 am

Tohubuhu.

That is both patronising and divisive. To understand others requires an open mind, in this case not even that as many have posted their individual reasons for not joining the stampede and I dont think any of them have criticised those that choose to do so, quite the opposite.

Its a personal decision and we should be happy for and respect the choices of others
These users thanked the author Le Démerdeur for the post:
Kathyc (Wed May 23, 2018 12:17 pm)

tohubohu

Post by tohubohu » Wed May 23, 2018 11:42 am

Like I said its a personal view,obviously you don't like it.
Mieux vaut être saoule que con, parce que ça dure moins longtemps

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Wed May 23, 2018 12:20 pm

tohubohu wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 11:42 am
Personal views are usually based on facts and I don't think I've ever seen a post from anybody on here where someone says they object to having ID.

Personally, I've always described myself as an immigrant rather than an expat - a term I disagree with in general.
These users thanked the author Kathyc for the post:
Archy (Wed May 23, 2018 3:42 pm)

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm

Kathyc wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:20 pm
tohubohu wrote:
Personal views are usually based on facts ...
I would disagree and say personal views are based more on impressions and feelings, but that's just my personal view. ;)
Kathyc also wrote: Personally, I've always described myself as an immigrant rather than an expat - a term I disagree with in general.
Why not as English, or Scottish, or whatever nationality you are? Immigrants and expats are terms others generally apply to different groups, not to themselves.
These users thanked the author FrenchForumSurvivor for the post:
mysty (Wed May 23, 2018 6:50 pm)
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Wed May 23, 2018 1:32 pm

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:50 pm
Kathyc wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 12:20 pm
tohubohu wrote:
Personal views are usually based on facts ...
I would disagree and say personal views are based more on impressions and feelings, but that's just my personal view. ;)
Kathyc also wrote: Personally, I've always described myself as an immigrant rather than an expat - a term I disagree with in general.
Why not as English, or Scottish, or whatever nationality you are? Immigrants and expats are terms others generally apply to different groups, not to themselves.
Obviously I meant I'd describe myself, given the choice of two, as an immigrant rather than an expat. The fact that I might also describe myself as European/British/English as well is a separate issue.
Last edited by Kathyc on Wed May 23, 2018 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.