Carte de résident

lindal1000

Re: Carte de résident

Post by lindal1000 » Tue May 22, 2018 7:06 pm

curtis wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 4:58 pm
I am sure I have missed something, but I don't understand these references to "third country".
UK, France .......?
Debra will correct me if I'm wrong ..third country nationals refers to immigrants from non EU or EEA countries..
These users thanked the author lindal1000 for the post:
Debra (Wed May 23, 2018 2:09 am)

Halfpint

Post by Halfpint » Tue May 22, 2018 7:42 pm

Quote "And for a very long time I could not understand the insistence by some that when they had done something, even something completely voluntary and at present un-necessary like a titre de séjour that others should do the same."

Chancer I don't think I've ever read on any of the posts the word 'Insistance' being used

and French Forum Survivor as I was the one who initially used the phrase 'goody two shoes' I will say again
it was in jest many replies ago

I was a 'goody two shoes' in 1988 when cards were needed and so I got one , I was bringing up 4 young children and involved in schools and Caisse Famille and endless other paper work needs. My carte was replaced by a permanent
one 5 years later.
The 'you don't need a Carte' didn't come into play untill 2004

At the time (1988) I knew many many Brits who didn't get a Carte de Sejour or change their driving licence as they
prefered to 'live under the radar', hence I was a 'goody two shoes' a phrase some neighbouring Brits used to me,
many many of them have since returned to Britain - they saved themselves the bother therefore because nothing
ill ever came of not having one

However over the years, like Debra I have found it a very usefull thing to have and it made me feel more 'french' if
you like , although heaven knows what is going to be made of by that statement on this forum!

Life is much easier (I imagine) when you don't have to deal with 18 years of schooling etc 4 times over and therefore
live with minimum administration . Imagine how much less hassle it has been for me to produce a Carte de Sejour
than merely flashing a British Passport . I am convinced my Carte has been very usefull!
These users thanked the author Halfpint for the post (total 2):
tohubohu (Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm) • Debra (Wed May 23, 2018 2:11 am)

mysty

Post by mysty » Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm

As I have said before I used to be under the radar as I had no income. I was fined 500 euros for not having a Carte Sejour.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue May 22, 2018 8:27 pm

Imagine how much less hassle it has been for me to produce a Carte de Sejour
than merely flashing a British Passport . I am convinced my Carte has been very usefull!
My old carte, which was issued in 2001, measures 105mm by 75mm, which is a damned awkward size and as a result I never carried it.... maybe they're smaller now.

:D On the other hand my UK driving licence photo card, which luckily I was not required to surrender, is a sensible credit card size and has never failed to serve me as an acceptable means of identification. It lives in my wallet.
These users thanked the author Tom for the post:
Kathyc (Tue May 22, 2018 8:31 pm)
Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor » Tue May 22, 2018 9:16 pm

Tom wrote: My old carte, which was issued in 2001, measures 105mm by 75mm, which is a damned awkward size and as a result I never carried it.... maybe they're smaller now.
Funnily enough, the same size as my French permis, which has a permis-sized space in my wallet and has never posed a problem to carry. Maybe your wallet was hors-normes ?
Halfpint wrote:and French Forum Survivor as I was the one who initially used the phrase 'goody two shoes' I will say again
it was in jest many replies ago

I was a 'goody two shoes' in 1988 when cards were needed and so I got one , I was bringing up 4 young children and involved in schools and Caisse Famille and endless other paper work needs. My carte was replaced by a permanent one 5 years later.
The 'you don't need a Carte' didn't come into play untill 2004
When we arrived with three children to be schooled, in 2004, not a word was said by anyone, not the maire, nor two directeurs d'école, nor French neighbours from whom we rented a gîte, about a carte de séjour, and I can't imagine new rules about the non-need for one in 2004 were as widespread as that in the provinces, so obviously it wasn't, and still isn't, a big thing. Mind you, Bretons have always been rebellious. And I wasn't using goody-two-shoes in jest.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

tohubohu

Post by tohubohu » Tue May 22, 2018 9:18 pm

Ah Tom so size really does matter
These users thanked the author tohubohu for the post:
Tom (Tue May 22, 2018 9:35 pm)
Mieux vaut être saoule que con, parce que ça dure moins longtemps

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue May 22, 2018 9:21 pm

mysty1 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm
As I have said before I used to be under the radar as I had no income. I was fined 500 euros for not having a Carte Sejour.
So was I but instead of being fined I copped for thousands in backdated refunds of taxe d'habitation etc, foncière as well I think but I would have to check, I had been struggling and worrying for years for nothing :(

vic evans
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by vic evans » Tue May 22, 2018 9:39 pm

Chancer wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 9:21 pm
mysty1 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 7:57 pm
So was I but instead of being fined I copped for thousands in backdated refunds of taxe d'habitation etc, foncière as well I think but I would have to check, I had been struggling and worrying for years for nothing :(
To receive "thousands in backdated refunds of tax d'habitation etc....." you surely must have paid them so how could you have been 'under the radar' ?

Tom

Post by Tom » Tue May 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Maybe your wallet was hors-normes ?
:) It's a John Lewis best billfold... :( perhaps something else I should have left behind in Blighy.
These users thanked the author Tom for the post:
FrenchForumSurvivor (Tue May 22, 2018 9:53 pm)
Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop » Wed May 23, 2018 1:31 am

Debra wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 pm
Nomoss wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:58 pm
Looking at posts on various forums by people trying to get driving licences and CGs, I hope they don't change to an on-line procedure for residence permits :(
I admit I was a bit worried when I saw ANTS had designed the new card and the system and supplied the fingerprint readers but I think they'll always want to see people in person. They may consider accepting dossiers online first though, what do you think?
Fingerprint readers? That's for a CdS? They take your fingerprints at the meeting?
I thought it was just a matter of compiling the paperwork, taking it in, and going through it with someone, like a driving licence application, or a carte grise application.
Is there anything else?
My five years is the end of July, so I'm getting my paperwork together, and hopefully will have a CdS before next March.
Whatever anyone says, it's up to each person to decide what to do, and the thing that drives me is total mistrust(distrust?) of the UK govt to get their act together and protect their citizens
- I think we are more likely to be chucked under the bus - you know, the one with £350M on it.

Oh, and I thank you Debra for all the trouble you take to keep us informed. Thank you very much.
These users thanked the author misswoodentop for the post (total 2):
Debra (Wed May 23, 2018 2:02 am) • Halfpint (Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm)