Impots: UK Govt Pensions -where is Box 8TK?

Leclairon

Impots: UK Govt Pensions -where is Box 8TK?

Post by Leclairon »

Could someone please advise where Box 8TK on 2042K is this year?

Our UK Govt Pensions are normally included in the global figure then transferred from 2047K to 2042K, Box 8TK, as they have already been taxed in UK.

2047K still says to put in Box 8TK on 2042 but it doesn't seem to be there.
It is normally the first line of 8.1 Divers but that line seems to be missing.

If it has been excluded, is there somewhere else I must put the Govt pensions so that they are not taxed again?

Many thanks,

DominicBest

Re: Impots: UK Govt Pensions -where is Box 8TK?

Post by DominicBest »

I did mine online and 8TK was there as usual.

Attachments
5FBDA24A-A38B-496C-9ED8-46F9669FA2ED.jpeg

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Thanks, DB. How very odd. That line is definitely missing from the paper form!!

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

In fact, now I look at it more closely, there are other differences as well to the online version.

Fittersmate

Post by Fittersmate »

I had a look on the paper forms just now - they sent us Forms 2047K and 2042K. As you say, there is no 8TK on 2042K so looked on Impots site and there is a Form 2042C which does have 8TK. Will have to look and see what form we filled in last year. but think we will download and print off the 2042C.

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Thanks FM. I have tried to download 2042K but it doesn't seem to be available at all for download. I hadn't looked for 2042C to see if I could download as I have never filled that one in before but maybe that one will do as it did have the other info mentioned on the other thread to tick for S1. I was going to go to the Tax Office this morning, assuming it is open.
We have always completed 2047K and 2042K

elsie

Post by elsie »

I wonder if one of the reasons they've reduced the number of boxes on the basic 2042K they send out is to determine whether you have the necessary internet access which allows you to download a 2042C or any other form? So you could have as easily completed the submission online? Perhaps a prelude to the fines the law allows, but which they don't seem to have implemented generally, for 2021?

Many French no longer even need to complete the forms any more as all the basic information is already provided by their employers, banks, etc. All they need to do is to approve the information (and, if they don't, it is assumed they have done so tacitly).

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Thanks, Elsie. Yes, I had also thought there might be some deeper significance.

Shely

Post by Shely »

elsie wrote:
Fri Apr 24, 2020 10:19 am
I wonder if one of the reasons they've reduced the number of boxes on the basic 2042K they send out is to determine whether you have the necessary internet access which allows you to download a 2042C or any other form? So you could have as easily completed the submission online? Perhaps a prelude to the fines the law allows, but which they don't seem to have implemented generally, for 2021?

Many French no longer even need to complete the forms any more as all the basic information is already provided by their employers, banks, etc. All they need to do is to approve the information (and, if they don't, it is assumed they have done so tacitly).
Mine was pre completed - isn't that normal now?

elsie

Post by elsie »

Yes, they complete as much as possible with the information they have on the paper and online versions. But I doubt that will include any financial information from foreign sources.

They are no sending out the basic 2042-K/2047 this year to those who have previously completed online.