Les impôts - how to déclaré S1 coverage

Headers

Les impôts - how to déclaré S1 coverage

Post by Headers »

Now we aren’t in the EU, but are covered by the Withdrawal treaty, which boxes do we tick? Should we be adding a commentaire? I have ticked 8RP and 8SH but it doesn’t really cover it so I added a commentary.

Any ideas please?

elsie

Re: Les impôts - how to déclaré S1 coverage

Post by elsie »

I will just tick the boxes as I did last year when I come to complete mine and add the note Titulaire de formulaire S1 donc je ne suis pas a les contributions sociales sur les revenus in Informations. I don't think they will quibble. And if you do get charged extra, you can always make a claim later.

Headers

Post by Headers »

Thankyou for the words. A slight mod - probably due to typing too fast

..........Nous ne sommes pas soumis aux contributions........

And of course the return is for last year when we were still on the EU. Doh. My head hurts!

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Nothing has changed, we are still in transition period. And s1 won’t change afterwards if gov’t keeps promises anyway.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I hadn't realised there was any mention of S1 on a tax declaration. :?

elsie

Post by elsie »

From p31 of the explanatory notes https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/file ... 2_3047.pdf
Revenus du patrimoine exonérés de CSG et CRDS
Les personnes qui relèvent d’un régime d’assurance maladie d’un État de l’Espace économique européen ou de la Suisse et qui ne sont pas à la charge d’un régime obligatoire de sécurité sociale français ne sont pas redevables de la CSG et de la CRDS dues au titre des revenus du patrimoine (elles restent redevables du prélèvement de solidarité de 7,5%). Si vous remplissez cette condition ou, pour un couple marié ou pacsé, si les deux conjoints remplissent cette condition, cochez les cases 8SH et 8SI. Vos revenus du patrimoine et assimilés ne seront pas soumis à la CSG et la CRDS. Si vous êtes mariés ou pacsés et si un seul des deux conjoints remplit cette condition, vous devez indiquer, par catégorie, le montant des revenus du patrimoine dont est titulaire le conjoint bénéficiant de l’exonération afin qu’ils soient exclus de la base soumise à la CSG et à la CRDS

Hal

Post by Hal »

In nine years, I too have never ticked any boxes regarding the S1 !

What does it mean in plain English please - this 'prelevement solidarite' ? Am I meant to be paying tax on my S1 anywhere?

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

If you have an S1 then you don’t pay social charges which add up to 17%...if you are in the category to pay social charges (prélèvement social) when you get your avis d’impot there will be the figure for the tex and then a figure for the social charges. For us they are about twice what we pay in tax!

suein56

Post by suein56 »

Aardvark wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:23 pm
I hadn't realised there was any mention of S1 on a tax declaration. :?
Online there is a box you tick to say that you are subject to another country's health cover ie you have an S1 or equivalent.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Hal wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 5:14 pm
In nine years, I too have never ticked any boxes regarding the S1 !

What does it mean in plain English please - this 'prelevement solidarite' ? Am I meant to be paying tax on my S1 anywhere?
The Prélèvement de Solidarité (Solidarity Levy/Tax) is charged at 7.5% on realised investment gains, capital gains and rents even if you hold an S1 or are non-resident in France. This (revised!) tax is outside the scope of 'social charges' (CSG / CRDS & CASA) from which holders of S1's are exempt.