Coronavirus: statistics by department

A place for some light-hearted chat.
just a Frenchie

Coronavirus: statistics by department

Post by just a Frenchie »

Not always easy to find what the situation is in your department.

https://www.lefigaro.fr/fig-data/corona ... au-france/
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

Blossom

Re: Coronavirus: statistics by department

Post by Blossom »

Thank you for this - so difficult to know what’s happening in our areas.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

"There is no phenomenon of saturation of resuscitation services", confirms Dr. Bertrand Gagnière, epidemiologist at the Breton antenna of the National Public Health Agency (Public Health France).

He added:-
“One can think that the geographical situation of Brittany and a lesser promiscuity of its inhabitants made it possible to avoid the worst so far. We were also fortunate not to have large gatherings that would have spread the disease"
CV19casesbriezh.JPG
https://www.letelegramme.fr/bretagne/po ... 532414.php
“He who controls the past, controls the future; and he who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell “1984”

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

Fitter wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:09 am

“One can think that the geographical situation of Brittany and a lesser promiscuity of its inhabitants made it possible to avoid the worst so far. We were also fortunate not to have large gatherings that would have spread the disease"
It is true that Brittany and the Pays de la Loire were relatively spared until now.
But will it last with the Parisians who have come to take refuge in their country houses and the trains which bring sick people from the very affected regions ?
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

exile

Post by exile »

Sadly all I get is a blank screen.
Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem?

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

just a Frenchie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 am
Fitter wrote:

It is true that Brittany and the Pays de la Loire were relatively spared until now.
But will it last with the Parisians who have come to take refuge in their country houses and the trains which bring sick people from the very affected regions ?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
A crisis always seems to bring out the best and the worst of human nature.

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Aardvark wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:20 am
just a Frenchie wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:27 am
Fitter wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes - I purposefully didn't comment on that word because I was uncertain as to it's French usage and meaning, but as far as I can tell it means what it says having looked it up in dictionaries.
So-If you want to avoid the virus - keep it in your pants, and keep out of other people's pants!
“He who controls the past, controls the future; and he who controls the present, controls the past.”
George Orwell “1984”

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

exile wrote:
Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:49 am
Sadly all I get is a blank screen.
Is it just me or does anyone else have the same problem?
Me too

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Promiscuité in French = being very close together English translation = proximity.

For JAF, promiscuity in English means having free and unfettered sexual relations with multiple partners, one night stands etc, to some a person bereft of morals, to others a fun playmate, I will let you suggest a French translation.

I first became aware of the faux amie when I saw a hilarious poster produced in English for an exposition at the Historial de Peronne about life in the trenches of WW1, it spoke of the promiscuity of the soldiers and the animals :lol:

PatF

Post by PatF »

Very interesting figures. going from highest to lowest?
They seem to show that there are more cases in the most heavily populated depts up north. Whereas in the more rural midi and south there are few.