Declare company pension scheme investment policies?

bubbles1

Re: Declare company pension scheme investment policies?

Post by bubbles1 » Sat May 12, 2018 4:25 pm

Glad you got it sorted Debra - sleep well knowing you tax is correct 8-)
These users thanked the author bubbles1 for the post:
Debra (Sat May 12, 2018 4:43 pm)
WE CAN ALL SEE THE STARS BUT ONLY SOME OF US SEE THE LIGHT :good:

elsie

Post by elsie » Mon May 14, 2018 5:24 pm

UK personal pension plans include an element of insurance in that there is normally a death benefit which may be lump sum or continuing pension to a beneficiary/successor so I think they should be treated in the foreign assurance vie (my understanding the reason French assurance vie do not need to be declared is because the companies declare directly to the French tax office whereas foreign insurance companies may or may not).

I would have thought it might possibly trigger an investigation if a sizeable lump sum suddenly appeared as part of the estate of the deceased without a previously declared source?

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:08 pm

My understanding is that you are correct to a certain extent. French ASS Vie is not declared as it does not fall under uncome tax only interest you take on it (which some do). It is also not included in French inheritance tax. Any lump sum you receive under an English pension scheme after a death has to be declared in France. Depending on the size of the estate it will be taken into account for French inheritance tax - after Brexit - who knows/
WE CAN ALL SEE THE STARS BUT ONLY SOME OF US SEE THE LIGHT :good: