Elections Municipales

Le Démerdeur

Elections Municipales

Post by Le Démerdeur »

My good friend the outgoing 1ière adjoint has won the first tour against the Maire of the two previous mandats, what I dont know is if there will be a second tour, I think not as there were only the two lists of candidates but could someone explain how it works please, for info our commune is around 1300 or so inhabitants.

I know that you have to vote for a list in its entirety and that you cannot bar a candidate, it was through spitefull people doing that 10 years ago that a list won but the person at the head of the list was barred & as a consequence we ended up with the fascist racist dictateur for the last 10 years.

Now the CM will be composed of all 12 of the people on the new list plus 3 from the losers, the ex Maire and 2 of his cronies, it seems a tradition in the village that they then resign in spite, I am hoping and praying for that but in any case he will no longer have any influence.

I had given the 1ière adjoint a bottle of vintage champagne before leaving which they will have been toasting with tonight unless there will be a second tour.

Soon we will have an openness return to the Mairie instead of the fermeté, there will be a return to the permenances of the elus, the village will once again be invited to the vœux de Maire instead of just his cronies and palm greasers, I used to gatecrash it just for the pleasure of seeing his reaction.

Happy days are here again but my good friend will have to hit the ground running with the current CV19 lockdown measures.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Le Démerdeur

Re: Elections Municipales

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I just sent him an E-mail of felicitations and it felt so good to address him as M. le Maire :D

I will be embarrassed if there is a second tour though :oops:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

More than 50% premier tour is an outright win, the second tour won't be necessary in those circs. I think
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

From what I see, the list of Fournier has the absolute majority (52.91%), so no 2nd vote : the council est elected.
https://vie-publique.fr/fiches/20204-mu ... -habitants
Now, the first meeting of the council will be about electing the Maire and the deputies (adjoints au Maire)
https://www.senat.fr/ct/ct08-2/ct08-247.html
- 1st vote of the members of the council where the absolute majority is required
- if the majority is not obtained, another vote with the same condition
- if the Maire is still not elected, 3rd vote with relative majority this time
So, it's very likely that Fournier will be Maire and the adjoints will belong to his list, but anything can happen (example: 4 traitors in Fournier's list :D )...
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

This is the way it should work for over 1000 people (and you can only scratch candidate in places with less than 1000 inhabitants)

Pour les communes de 1 000 habitants et plus :
Le mode de scrutin est le scrutin proportionnel de listes à deux tours avec prime majoritaire. Au premier tour, si une liste obtient la majorité absolue des suffrages exprimés, la moitié des sièges lui est attribuée. C’est ce qu’on appelle la prime majoritaire. L’autre moitié des sièges est proportionnellement répartie entre toutes les listes ayant obtenu plus de 5% des suffrages exprimés. Si aucune liste n’obtient la majorité absolue, un second tour est organisé. Seules les listes ayant obtenu au moins 10% des suffrages exprimés au premier tour peuvent se représenter. Les candidats qui ont obtenu au moins 5% et moins de 10% peuvent rejoindre une autre liste. La répartition des sièges du conseil municipal se fait comme au premier tour : prime majoritaire avec répartition proportionnelle à la plus forte moyenne