Have you been radiated yet?

Le Démerdeur

Have you been radiated yet?

Post by Le Démerdeur »

With the local elections looming have all the UK citizens on the forum recieved their letters of radiation telling them that they cannot vote? And more importantly were they sent by recorded delivery?

I recall some people got them the day after the final decision was made so I assume that they were not LRAR, whilst it is an official requirement I expect in most cases it would be overlooked but has everbody at least been notified?

I have put my Maire in a spin, he incorrectly (and maliciously) radiated me before the EU elections and worse still lied in front of other elus when he turned me away with great pleasure saying that he did not know and that INSEE had done it, in fact he had ordered the secretary to do it 2 weeks before and I should have been notified by LRAR, worse still I could have voted as there is a procedure in place to go to a special Tribunale set up on the day in Amiens to re-instate the vote to those wrongly denied, the secretary had given him the notice and made sure it was available on the day.

So once again I got some free publicity and a free kick to the Maire in the regional newspaper because unbeknown to the Maire and probably with the complicity of the secretary they had hand delivered me a voting card after I said that I had not recieved one in the week before the scrutin only for me to be refused my then right to vote.

Anyway he is doing everything by the book this time, sent an LRAR but I was first in the UK then in hospital in France and it had been returned to sender by the time I was able to go to La Poste with the avis de passage.

Today he despatched a garde champêtre to serve me in person :lol:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

exile

Re: Have you been radiated yet?

Post by exile »

I was told verbally by the maire on Saturday 1st Feb. I told her that I knew that would be the case, so I guess she felt no further action would be required.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thats all that I would have expected and indeed I have had several conversations with the (1ière adjoint who is a friend) on the subject, he and others have told me of the Maire remarking several times with joy that I am no longer eligible to vote.

After being called out for what he did before the EU elections he is anxious to avoid any further negative publicity so is doing the utmost to follow procedure this time but so far failing which pleases me, I was absent when the garde champêtre called, there was also an avis de passage from La Poste for another LRAR.

The 1ière adjoint is presenting himself this year and he has 3/4 of the outgoing CM on his list so I really hope that it will be the end of the dictature.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:41 pm
Thats all that I would have expected and indeed I have had several conversations with the (1ière adjoint who is a friend) on the subject, he and others have told me of the Maire remarking several times with joy that I am no longer eligible to vote.

After being called out for what he did before the EU elections he is anxious to avoid any further negative publicity so is doing the utmost to follow procedure this time but so far failing which pleases me, I was absent when the garde champêtre called, there was also an avis de passage from La Poste for another LRAR.

The 1ière adjoint is presenting himself this year and he has 3/4 of the outgoing CM on his list so I really hope that it will be the end of the dictature.
Blimey ! You must be so proud you are so well respected in the community that the Maire is worried about your one vote.
Here at Earths End nobody has contacted me to inform me of my loss of voting rights so I assume they either expect me to be aware of this fact or just don't care.

Loup-garou

Post by Loup-garou »

Nobody has said or written anything to us. I said on another thread that "We tread a careful, neutral path" and this includes not voting. ;)

Veem

Post by Veem »

We haven't been notified yet either.

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Mayor hand delivered the letter on evening of 31st.

But LD aren’t you getting your knickers in a twist for nothing? We knew this was coming, and now it’s here and there’s sweet FA we can do about it right now. So do something special with the 30 minutes of your life that you would have spent going to vote instead.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thanks Catrose.

I am not getting my knickers in a twist, I suspected that most communes would either do nothing or pass the message informally and yourself and others have confirmed that.

So I'm fairly sure that the special attention being bestowed on me and them trying hard to be "clean" in the French sense stems from fear by the Maire of further negative publicity.

On a personal level my dissapointment is that I was asked by the current 1ière adjoint over a year ago to join him and be on his list for this municipale elections and to serve on the C.M. I had to tell him that it was very likely I would be prohibited from both and that we would probably not know until the very last minute.

So for me to vote in the EU elections was important as I felt sure it would be my last.

mysty

Post by mysty »

That's another word that has different meanings in France.
We has a large garden fire a couple of weeks ago and mr mayor came a calling with papers saying he has bad news.
I was glad it was just the voting rights. I thought it was the fire.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Recently I recieved the tracte electorale for the équipe of my good friend that I hope will gain the next mandat, I was honoured to see that his final words were those which I had helped him select.

"il n'y a rien de négatif dans le changement, si c'est dans la bonne direction" Winston Churchill, homme de l'Etat britannique.