Thank you Free!

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Le Démerdeur

Thank you Free!

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I have a Free €2 sim which I get for nothing as a Free ADSL subscriber, I subscribed to a vente privé for a €19.99 sim for €1 per month for a year to use in a smartphone while I got used to it, for calls etc I still use my old 2g Nokia and the smartphone only gets used for internet access in the UK or when travelling.

not enough data on the basic Sim so I was resigned to upgrading to a €16 contract (Free ADSL customer price) at the end of the 12 months and only having one Sim.

Today I got this E-mail :D

Cher(e) abonné(e),

Bonne nouvelle !

Nous avons le plaisir de vous annoncer que votre Forfait mobile Free souscrit sur vente-privée passera, à la fin de votre promotion, au prix de :9,99€/mois au lieu de 19,99€/mois

Ce tarif est valable pendant 12 mois.

Vous n'avez rien à faire, tout est automatique et sans engagement.

Merci de votre fidélité.

Sincères salutations,

L'équipe Free

I reckon we will soon see an announcement of a drop in the price of the €19.99 tarif to £9.99

mysty

Re: Thank you Free!

Post by mysty »

I think I pay 39 euros a month with bouygtel free calls to French phones texts and looking and sending emails. It charges for calls to UK mobiles or UK land lines. Sounds a lot compared to your deal.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Tom

Post by Tom »

I think I pay 39 euros a month with bouygtel free calls to French phones texts and looking and sending emails. It charges for calls to UK mobiles or UK land lines. Sounds a lot compared to your deal.
https://www.bouyguestelecom.fr/offres-internet

Surely Bouygues give you free landline calls to the UK? I don't think anyone offers free mobile calls however.
God in his wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why.
—Ogden Nash

mysty

Post by mysty »

I do not think so, ATS will know I never read anything or listened to the girl in the shop but am sure we pay will check.
The girl in the shop was nice though, not that I was looking as I am happily married :lol: :lol: :lol: I just remember having a casual glance as one does.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I've had customers paying €80 per month with Orange for less.

Does depend on whether you can get a Free 4g signal and it being stronger than an Orange 3g signal where you want to be using data, The Orange 3g signal if stronger will over-ride the Free 4g and thanks to the restrictive itinerance deal imposed by the government data connection via Orange is slowed down, if I walk to the corner and connect to Free I get 60mb/s, in the house on Orange its a trickle but I have a Free ADSL connection with wi-fi so no problem.

Pretty much everywhere I go these days if I bother to take the smartphone it gets a connection onto Free and I expect the situation regarding Orange seizing the connection at home to be resolved, the fibre optique lines are being commissioned and Free will probably put in Femtocells.

As soon as you leave France it will connect to whatever network on roaming with no loss of speed. I would wait for the next vente privé and get one like mine for €1 per month, ask Loopski to join the forum as he always knows about and posts the Free offers.

Nomoss

Post by Nomoss »

Chancer wrote:
Sat May 05, 2018 1:26 pm
The Orange 3g signal if stronger will over-ride the Free 4g and thanks to the restrictive itinerance deal imposed by the government data connection via Orange is slowed down, if I walk to the corner and connect to Free I get 60mb/s, in the house on Orange its a trickle but I have a Free ADSL connection with wi-fi so no problem.
I can select one operator only via Settings>Phone Settings>Network Selection>Manual. The phone then scans available networks and produces a list from which I can choose the one I want to use.

Is this not possible with your "device"?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its not a device thing its to do with the itinerance deal between Free and Orange, its well documented on the old forum, not worth going into again because no-one else has a Free mobile (ALBF did) or live in a city/town with Free 4g coverage, I have an app that drives the phone to disconnect and re-search frequently.

With Free you can only (in France) connect to Free or Orange, that covers the whole of France, using a Bouygues phone on Orange would result in the same throttling of download speed, the problem is the phone seeking out what it believes is the strongest signal which where I live is Orange because they have a mast in the factory opposite.

No such problems as soon as you leave France and I have to say that in and around major towns, along the autoroutes etc you can always connect to Free 4g.

Debra

Post by Debra »

I got that email and upgraded from me 2€ a month deal since I was thinking about upgrading anyway (must start using the phone more :) ). I feel a bit guilty as my son upgraded a few months ago and he's paying the full 19.99€