Transferwise delays

Simonflys

Re: Transferwise delays

Post by Simonflys »

Spardo wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm
I have used Worldwide Currencies for many years and, as Yorkshire Bank won't allow me to transfer more than £1,000/day I never expect to receive the money straight away.

I bought £5,000 worth of euros over the phone yesterday when the BBC rate dropped a quarter of a cent after several days rising, and got 1.19 for a rate of a smidge over 1.20. Settlement day is next Friday and it always arrives promptly.

I always deal with the same bloke and haven't had to send the documents back signed for years.
Heck Spardo that process honestly sounds archaic! 🙄🙄🙄

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

When my bank account here in France is 500€ over its overdraft limit and I've no funds elsewhere to plug the hole, I do wish people wouldn't talk about the first-world problem they have of transferring money from one account to another. Sorry.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Hey ? What does that mean ?....

Just because you've gone over your overdraft limit, no one can discuss bank account transfers - you're kidding right? Why have a pop at those who are not 500€ over their overdraft limit ??!! 🙄🙄🙄

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop »

I started using TW some years ago, and have only had one 'hiccup' - a problem of lateness - only one day anyway - which I couldn't identify as them or Credit Agricole. Other than that, no problems at all.
TW give me a rate on a Friday which is good for 48hrs, so I place an order, then organise a transfer for 'crack of dawn' Monday, and get emails from TW at each stage - 'money received', 'money sent'.
Of course the French side doesn't kick in until Tues am, but is usually dated for the Monday when it goes 'live'.

I know how it feels to read of other folk transfering thousands amongst all their different accounts, and all the pensions /rental property income they have to pay tax on, and all that 'high finance' stuff, but we are where we are, so no point being envious - it won't change anything, and you never know when you'll pick up a usefull piece of advice! ;) :|

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Why does everything have to be about you? Grow up. I was impressed with my daughter’s Starling account but as I was unable to open an account with them I decided to try a Revolut. It really was clunky so I closed my account straight away. Not a patch on Starling.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

keep-calm-im-needy.png

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Needy of a good slap sometimes? :lol:
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

I have taken a look at Starling Bank - nice looking but no good unless you're only UK resident.

''As long as you’re 16 or over, and a resident in the UK only, you’ll be able to apply for a bank account online...''

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:43 pm
Needy of a good slap sometimes? :lol:
Now you're talking....😜😉😜

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Simonflys wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:42 pm
Spardo wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:14 pm
I have used Worldwide Currencies for many years and, as Yorkshire Bank won't allow me to transfer more than £1,000/day I never expect to receive the money straight away.

I bought £5,000 worth of euros over the phone yesterday when the BBC rate dropped a quarter of a cent after several days rising, and got 1.19 for a rate of a smidge over 1.20. Settlement day is next Friday and it always arrives promptly.

I always deal with the same bloke and haven't had to send the documents back signed for years.
Heck Spardo that process honestly sounds archaic! 🙄🙄🙄
Maybe, but it works for me, but due to Yorkshire/Clydesdale rules there is no other way I can do it, and it suits me. I am never in such desperate need that I can't wait 5 days. I always watch the rate when I have the funds available and plan ahead. One phone call and 5 transfers online, Simple. :)