Tax Declaration on Line

Malenibo

Tax Declaration on Line

Post by Malenibo »

When declaring on line where (and how do you get to it) is there a box or something to add that you are "Titulaire de Formulaire S1"?

Le Démerdeur

Re: Tax Declaration on Line

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Why would you want to declare that?
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

elsie

Post by elsie »

Yes, there is a screen at the end of form 2042 online
INFORMATIONS
Si vous souhaitez porter à la connaissance de l'administration fiscale certains éléments de votre déclaration
pour lesquels vous n'êtes pas certain de votre interprétation, signalez une mention expresse en cochant la case
ci­contre.

Tick the box and you can then add:
Titulaire de formulaire S1 donc je ne suis pas a les contributions sociales sur les revenus

It doesn't do any harm to add it as I don't think they can yet do the tax calculation immediately due to foreign income and it needs to be checked manually. Putting in any note will mean a manual check is necessary.

Chancer: It has been suggested for many years on various forums the text is added as a reminder to the tax office. Whether it is still necessary is another question? If I remember correctly, it was all related to the “de Ruyter” case. That was resolved and people got CSG refunds. The French changed the rules and I think that is now being further challenged?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

It wont stop URSSAF from levying the charges in any case, they dont get to see the notes, they just get to harvest the data entered into the revenus de capital fields.

Wont stop URSSAF from demanding €3K instead of €300 either, took me 4 months and recourse to the CRA and TASS before they backed down, they tried some dirty tricks as well, have been paying Puma cotisations since 2016 and still dont have a carte vitale or social securité number.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Malenibo

Post by Malenibo »

Many thanks Elsie. I clicked on that box and then chickened out of actually putting anything in it. Will now go back and type in the suggested wording.

elsie

Post by elsie »

Chancer wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 11:04 pm
It wont stop URSSAF from levying the charges in any case, they dont get to see the notes, they just get to harvest the data entered into the revenus de capital fields.

Wont stop URSSAF from demanding €3K instead of €300 either, took me 4 months and recourse to the CRA and TASS before they backed down, they tried some dirty tricks as well, have been paying Puma cotisations since 2016 and still dont have a carte vitale or social securité number.
Why do you think it should? Paying CSG charges does not create an entitlement to health care/social security benefits.

In outline, the S1 means the health care charges are paid by the country issuing the S1 and the holders do not need to pay anything to PUMA.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Puma cotisations, not CSG, I pay both, the latter is for healthcare.

And to quote the words of URSSAF regarding what creates an entitlement to healthcare:

Toutes les personnes travaillant ou résidant en France de manière stable et régulière ont droit, de façon continue, à la prise en charge de leurs frais de santé en cas de maladie ou de maternité.

elsie

Post by elsie »

The original question was about adding the phrase "Titulaire de Formulaire S1"

As I explained, it was suggested, on forums of which you have been a member in the past, something was added in the 2042 notes to flag up that, as a holder of an S1, there should be no CSG charges on revenue levied.

That has and never has had anything to do with PUMA or the previous incarnations.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

My brain is hurting now, this is too much for me.

I said it (adding a note re S1) would not stop URSSAF from levying PUMA cotisations as they would not see it.

You said "why do you think it should?" presumably meaning "stop them" (which I didnt think) and then talk about paying CSG charges :?

elsie

Post by elsie »

You wrote: And to quote the words of URSSAF regarding what creates an entitlement to healthcare:
Toutes les personnes travaillant ou résidant en France de manière stable et régulière ont droit, de façon continue, à la prise en charge de leurs frais de santé en cas de maladie ou de maternité.

And I wrote: In outline, the S1 means the health care charges are paid by the country issuing the S1 and the holders do not need to pay anything to PUMA (which means for most on this forum with an S1, the UK is their 'competent state')

I'm not sure you understand when an S1 is issued or what an S1 is for?

With an S1 your status is such you register directly with CPAM. You don't need to get involved in URSSAF/PUMa since CPAM claims back your health and other costs directly from your competent state. http://www.remaininfrance.org/health-care.html

Workers posted to France can get an S1 and do not need PUMa http://www.cleiss.fr/particuliers/venir ... 83_en.html