Carte Séjour

Andy72

Re: Carte Séjour

Post by Andy72 » Mon May 07, 2018 8:47 am

Thanks Debra,

In answer to your earlier question I did try both options, in and out of School holidays. Trying again this morning and if no success will be e:mailing Angouleme direct in the hope of getting a human to answer rather than an automated system.
These users thanked the author Andy72 for the post:
Debra (Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 am)
Don’t walk away in silence.

Debra

Post by Debra » Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 am

There are appointments there now for the 20th August onwards, school holidays option. Only for that week though.
These users thanked the author Debra for the post:
Andy72 (Mon May 07, 2018 2:39 pm)

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm

Loosely on the subject, my ex's demand for nationalité was returned because they require an attestation sur l'honneur of the date of entry into France. The original certificate of domicile signed and dated by the Maire apparently isn't good enough! Presumably they really want a Carte de séjour but as they weren't required back in 2007, he hasn't got one. So if you envisage going for French nationality, make sure you include one or the other even though it's not specified in the list of required documents.
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

Andy72

Post by Andy72 » Mon May 07, 2018 2:28 pm

Debra wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 am
There are appointments there now for the 20th August onwards, school holidays option. Only for that week though.
Thanks again. Got a rendezvous for Aug 20th. Plenty of time to get the stuff we need together plus a load of stuff we might not need.
These users thanked the author Andy72 for the post:
Debra (Mon May 07, 2018 2:31 pm)
Don’t walk away in silence.

mysty

Post by mysty » Mon May 07, 2018 3:38 pm

Noisette wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm
Loosely on the subject, my ex's demand for nationalité was returned because they require an attestation sur l'honneur of the date of entry into France. The original certificate of domicile signed and dated by the Maire apparently isn't good enough! Presumably they really want a Carte de séjour but as they weren't required back in 2007, he hasn't got one. So if you envisage going for French nationality, make sure you include one or the other even though it's not specified in the list of required documents.
I had to google that, do you just certify that yourself then. ?
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Debra

Post by Debra » Mon May 07, 2018 5:17 pm

Noisette wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 1:49 pm
No it is declaration sur l'honneur - it was included on my son's application form. He also had to list all the addresses he'd lived at.

I've just been involved in a thread of a lady whose son was born here and put his claim/declaration of French Citizenship forms in a few months after he was 18 and was refused because of lack of proof that he lived here on his 18th. He'd dropped out of school and hadn't signed on with pole emploi so they don't consider he has proof of residency, despite an attestation from the maire that he's always lived here. No bank account of his own so he can't even show regular spending in France.

When my eldest finished lycee and didn't sign on for another course, I let CAF know and they warned me that he needed to sign on with pole emploi. He wouldn't get anything but because he was registered as looking for work, he'd still be exercising treaty rights and I would still be entitled to allocation familiales for him. He made an appointment but then left for the UK anyway and it was irrelevant to me because my other son was going to uni so it was much easier for me to finish with CAF on my side and let him claim allocation logement in his own right. This lady got no such warning (not certain that she let CAF know he'd left school).

Just shows what can happen though. If my eldest was still here and wanted to apply for naturalisation and wasn't at school and hadn't signed on with pole emploi, he might be rejected too. Seems a bit harsh on one who was born here though and is supposed to be automatically French upon his majority if he still lives here (and therein lies the problem, proving it).

Another teenager was refused naturalisation because she'd gone to uni in the UK, even though still supposedly under the charge of her parents who were still resident here.

I'm going to claim my France born son's Citizenship as soon as he hits 13. Other son has applied for naturalisation (he wasn't born here) but as he's in uni there is a chance his case will be adjourned until he's self sufficient. Kids who are in lycee and apply at 18 seem to get it but when at uni it's a bit more iffy. Seems a bit unfair since my son wasn't 18 until 4 days before he started uni. So if he had redoubled like his older brother, he could have applied while still at lycee. Apparently they can send their dossier in at 17, in preparation for being 18, but I didn't know that and even if I did, I wouldn't have realised the significance - I'd have thought he'd be fine as long as he was still in schooling. Apparently not.

I've just made an appointment for him to get his carte de sejour permanent just in case his naturalisation request is rejected or adjourned and he passes 21, when it's a bit more difficult to claim that he's dependant on me (it can be done, but needs to be argued rather than it being assumed). I prefer to get it sorted now and not be worrying what he'll be doing when he passes 21 and watching out for him losing his right to stay at that time.

Halfpint

Post by Halfpint » Mon May 07, 2018 6:36 pm

My youngest daughter claimed her French Nationality at 25 years old (born here)
with little to no problems. Her older sister has now decided to ask for the same
(born in England)and was told she can claim it on back of her younger sister being French!
Suprised us all but there you go

Debra

Post by Debra » Mon May 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Yes, I've told the lady on that thread that her 17 year old should claim it now and then his brother can get it as a sibling of a French person. That could work for my son too if his case gets adjourned until after his younger brother has claimed it. Not sure though as the rules say he has to have lived here since the age of six to be able to claim it that way and we moved here while he was six - it may have had to have been before his birthday when he turned six. He started school here in CP (missed the start of the school year by a month).

Nomoss
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Nomoss » Mon May 07, 2018 8:56 pm

It can be just as bad in the UK.

Our daughter was born in Australia (the country we were not allowed to go back to without a year or more of formalities), but went from school to art college in England.

Shortly after leaving college, after the usual back-packing bit, she applied for a job as an artist with the local museum's archaeology dept..

She was accepted for the job, but a couple of days later was told she couldn't have it because it was reserved for someone who had been out of work for at least six months. Because she had never signed on for the dole she didn't qualify as unemployed, although she had never worked.

A couple of weeks later they contacted her again to say they couldn't find anyone, and offered her the job without pay for 6 months, so she could sign on and accumulate the necessary time as unemployed, before officially having the job. She accepted, and they paid her a small amount for expenses to travel to sites, but this together with her dole was nowhere near enough to live on.

She was next transferred to work for English Heritage in Oxford Street, doing archaeological illustrations for textbooks they produce, but they involved her in a taxation scam where they pretended many of their staff were self employed. She didn't save enough of her small earnings to pay her tax and social charges when the time came, but fortunately the taxman came to the rescue, ruled the people were employees, and made EH pay the charges due.

She finally left EH because they were unable to promote her, as she didn't have degree. Ability seemed to carry no weight in this decision.

By then she had an Australian passport, so she went there, got a degree in Fine Art, and has no intention of ever going to the UK again.

misswoodentop

Post by misswoodentop » Tue May 08, 2018 1:03 pm

This 'attestation de registration' seems to have appeared on the list of documents necessary for Carte de Sejour in my departement (87).
I had never heard of this, but now it seems I should have gone to the Mairie when I arrived, and got this document.
So even after 5years living here, does this mean I won't be eligible for a CdS?
I have had dealings with the Mairie since I've been here, not always happy dealings, (neighbour/house renovation stuff), but I never asked them, and of course they never volunteered the information, about the need for this 'attestation'.
I got my Carte Vitale through a visit to the local 'permanence' within the first few months, and did a tax return on the partial first year stating date of entry, and have EDF/Orange/SAUR/fonciere/habitation bills.
But no 'attestation' from the Mairie about the exact date of entry.

I even have a hospital bill, from Cherbourg, for treatment and myriad blood tests (presumably for drugs, though strangely not the TSH one I normally have for thyroid function), since I actually entered French soil in an ambulance when I came here to live in 2013.
I had fainted in the ladies' on the ferry, and cracked my head open on the tiled floor, requiring stitches.
So my first evening in France, once dismissed from the hospital after many hours, was spent wandering the streets of Cherbourg in blood-soaked clothes looking for food and accommodation, both of which I found, thanks to the friendly insouciance (!) of the natives.
On reflection, maybe don't mention that...?
These users thanked the author misswoodentop for the post:
paris_saint (Tue May 29, 2018 3:15 pm)