Form 2047

Aardvark

Form 2047

Post by Aardvark » Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 am

Since everyone is banging on about how easy it is to do the tax online I thought I would try again (third year) I managed to grope my way through to the last page where they want my bank details and then do some sort of electronic signature but I am not really finished. On paper I have always had to put my total income in box 1AL on form 2047K. How do I do that with the online setup?
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

elsie

Re: Form 2047

Post by elsie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:05 pm

On the fourth screen ( it was called SELECTIONNEZ CI­DESSOUS LES RUBRIQUES QUE VOUS SOUHAITEZ FAIRE APPARAITRE last year) you need to tick the boxes for the forms you want. Towards the bottom you need to tick Divers - Élus locaux, retenue à la source, comptes à l'étranger, reprises de réductions ou de crédit d'impôt, etc.
There maybe a few other boxes you need to tick if oyu have other income you decalred on the other possible 2042 forms.
I ticked most boxes the first time I filled in the online form. It gave me a lot of screens I didn't need to complete - but at least I knew for the following years.

Then on the next page on the column on the LHS you will see Accueil and Annexes 2047 and 3916 mentioned. You need to click on Annex 2047 first to complete that as some of the details are copied back (reporte) to 2042. You can the complete the rest of 2042.

You need to click box 8UU on form 2042 and complete 3916 for your non-French accounts.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Tue May 01, 2018 12:12 pm

Thankyou Elsie. I'll have a go finding that lot. :)

elsie

Post by elsie » Tue May 01, 2018 12:23 pm

You now put Government service pensions in 1AL (Pensions de source française perçues par les non­résidents et pensions de source
étrangère ouvrant droit à un crédit d'impôt égal à l'impôt français). The UK State and private pensions now go in 1AM (Autres pensions de source étrangère). So on the line on 2047 you add the figure which would go 1AL and 1AM and tick the boxes next to the figures to indicate the source of the pension.

It is worth checking 2042 carefully if you fill in any other information on 2047. The automatic copying back (reporte) from 2047 adds the figures from 2047 to 2042. So if you completed 2042 first and then 2047 you could end up doubling a figure

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Tue May 01, 2018 1:04 pm

My head is about to burst. Who the hell said this would be easy..............
I filled in every thing I think I needed (boxes the same as last year's paper form) and even put in my UK bank account that they were told about a few years ago. On the last page I now see the following:
Discordances to check
You have indicated on the withholding tax declaration no. 2041E that you have worked all year round which is incompatible with the filing of a declaration of income received abroad (no. 2047). Please check.

I haven't even seen a form 2041E and haven't worked at all. I only have a UK state pension to declare. No savings account interest, shares, etc. Nothing so I would have thought doing the tax form would be easy. Silly me. This must be France. :?

Nearly had a heart attack. At first it said I owed €315,600 tax. Then I worked out they had included the last 76 cents as whole euros or something.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Tue May 01, 2018 1:35 pm

That is an error. When I saw that I took it to my local tax office and the guy there looked through my application, saw that I had not used the Form 2041E and told me to ignore because it must be a bug. I signed off the form there and then and received an email telling me that the information had been received.

elsie

Post by elsie » Tue May 01, 2018 1:40 pm

Looking at a copy of form 2041E I've just downloaded, it looks as though, by mistake, you have put a figure in 8TA Non­résidents : retenue à la source prélevée en France Report de l'annexe n° 2041E on form 2042

I suspect that should have been a figure which should have gone in 8TK Revenus de source étrangère imposables en France, ouvrant droit à un crédit d'impôt égal à l'impôt
français
on 2042.

Go back and delete the 8TA entry. Make sure you have the correct (not doubled) figure in 8TK and tick 8UU on the same page (if you have non-French bank, savings and other accounts to be declared on 3916)

You should only enter whole numbers of euro on the forms, rounded to the nearest euro.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Tue May 01, 2018 1:49 pm

Thankyou both for your patience. :good: I have just managed to find a source to download the paper forms. Hoping they will be accepted because I don't have a colour printer. I might try the online circus next year. I have devoted four and a half hours to this game and I've had enough.

elsie

Post by elsie » Tue May 01, 2018 2:14 pm

I think you will find it is a mistake to abandon it now; you are not familiar with most of what you need to do and you will have probably forgotten it all by next year.

You have got so far and it sounds as though there is just one minor mistake. You would do better to try and correct that now and get to the end. You can then print/save as PDF all the online screen pages you have filled in to have a complete set of crib sheets for next year.

Don't forget, you still have a couple of weeks or more to complete a paper copy, if you don't get to the end of the online forms. So plenty of time to have another try without needing to spend more time today.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue May 01, 2018 2:20 pm

"I cant imagine why anyone in their right mind would choose to fill out a paper return when its so easy to do on line"...............

I dont have to take a trip to the hôtel des impôts because "computer says no"

I have enough grief with computers as it is and reading all the posts of people trying to use such an "easy" service has re-inforced my desire to remain with paper as long as I can.

I am in the middle of 4 Consuel inspections, I paid extra to fill out the paper attestations but unfortunately the staff in the service secrétariat process them as if they were dématerialisé, 6 weeks on and it looks like the final 2 will finally be done next week, they will have sent 4 inspectors from all over the region whereas under the old system my one local guy would have done them all in one go, over a month was lost with their constant demands for me to modify scan and send by E-mail documents that they hold not me, it took the local guy to finally get through to them (I had recieved and exchanged probably 60 + E-mails) and put them on the right track but they still screwed up, he said that before it became dématerialisé they would deal with a thousand paper attestations (in a week I think) and he would be lying if he said that there were never any mistakes but they were apretty darned good (excellent in my eyes) now its all electronic they handle less than a 100 paper applications like mine but there are 10 times as many mistakes made by them.

The first inspection, the one that slipped through without them finding errors that were not there went through in one week.

I do however have my first ever letter of apology recieved in France to frame but they still continued to screw me around.