Credit Agricole need a moblie to access online banking

landmannnn

Credit Agricole need a moblie to access online banking

Post by landmannnn »

More complexity, CA need a mobile number to access online banking, giving a whole 7 days notice.

Really handy when they haven't got the right number, I can only change it by turning up at the bank and I am not in France until April.

RobertArthur

Re: Credit Agricole need a moblie to access online banking

Post by RobertArthur »

Only French mobile numbers allowed?

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

We had the same problem with Credit Mutuel because no mobile can reach where we live...
I shouted, threatened and screamed but they have no choice because of the DP2 European regulationfor a stronger authentication:
https://www.certeurope.fr/blog/dsp2-et- ... uropeenne/
It's with such a stupid regulation, among many others, that Brussels fuels the Brexit and possibly one day the Frexit
All the banks have developped different systems.
For our other bank ( Banque populaire ), it's quite simple: a digital keyboard on the screen where you click on the figures of your password.
Credit Mutuel has provided a barcode reader which reads a barcode displayed on the screen and generates a code we have to type on the keyboard... They usually charge 30€ for it but I shouted so much in their office in front of 20 clients that I had it for free :D (I said that I wasn't asked to pay for the scale when I was buying steaks at my butcher's)
The shame is the fact that they don't notify you ahead of time and you discover that all of a sudden... Sometimes, it's good to tell your banker that you ARE the customer because they tend to forget ! :lol:
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Your anti EU stance would have made you a great Leave voter. Personally I’m quite happy that there are regulations protecting my online banking from fraud because I’ve come to rely on it so much. I needed a U.K. mobile number to set up my Barclays online banking many years ago, I couldn’t blame that on the EU if I wanted to. Both of my banks, Banque Populaire and Barclays, use PINSentry code generators for verification.

exile

Post by exile »

Yes only French numbers allowed. Whoever set up the system made a basic mistake in setting the number of characters - Y2K version 2?

You could of course contact the bank and ask what they propose to do in your circumstances. I had the same problem some 10 years or so ago in order to get a code for online purchases. I explained that we had and have no French mobile, they send the code to my registered French email address.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

DominicBest wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:04 pm
Both of my banks, Banque Populaire and Barclays, use PINSentry code generators for verification.
Yes, I agree about Barclays .. as I am summoned to assist an aged friend every time she wants to access her UK account .. but BPop, no .. no way do you have to use their stupid Pin code machin/truc.
If you scroll a little bit further down the page that invites you to put your card in their plastic machine .. then you will see the option to use a second method .. ie a code sent to your mobile. Of course you have to register your mobile number with BPop first, but that is almost obligatory nowadays .. just like giving them an up-to-date copy of your ID card or your passport.
After that it is easy ..
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

I know that I can generate a code through my banking app but I’m quite happy using the PINSentry machine, it’s hardly difficult.

niemeyjt

Post by niemeyjt »

The EU directive mandates 2 Factor Authentication - 2FA. It does not mandate phones, and certainly not only phones of "home" country. That is down to the banks wanting to save money as the customer buys the phone not the bank.

Credit Mutuel are happy with my UK mobile. No mobile signal - you can get boosters that instead route over WiFi and home Internet.

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

DominicBest wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:04 pm
Your anti EU stance would have made you a great Leave voter. Personally I’m quite happy that there are regulations protecting my online banking from fraud because I’ve come to rely on it so much. I needed a U.K. mobile number to set up my Barclays online banking many years ago, I couldn’t blame that on the EU if I wanted to. Both of my banks, Banque Populaire and Barclays, use PINSentry code generators for verification.
I don't particularly like this way of putting labels on people when you don't agree with what they say...
What I wanted to say is that this regulation is too vague, which leads to different applications: some good and some bad ... I may have expressed myself badly: it is not the regulation which is stupid : it is the fact that it is not sufficiently elaborate and practical and that the advantage has not been explained. Any equipment manufacturer provides application notes so that everyone uses what they sell correctly. Here, it's more like 'ask yourself!'. And bank computer scientists have come up with very different systems. I had no problem with the ultra-simple system of Banque Populaire but Crédit Mutuel assumed that everyone had a smartphone and a good reach (not my case) ... I was in contact with several people in the bank who all said to me 'There's nothing we can do about it; it's because of Europe ! '. It's an easy excuse to blame Europe rather than your own mistakes. It is because of such nonsense that it brings fuel to the Exiters ... A bit like at the beginning of IT when, for any error or delay, we heard: 'not my fault, it is because of computers ! '
No one denies the value of good IT security. It can be done intelligently. But if it is badly done, we only see the constraints ...
If you pile up the lack of explanations, the misapplication, and the blame of the EU as your only excuse, you have everything you need for simple minds to hate Europe. By comparison, it would be better if all the cars drove on the same side of the roads in Europe (not easy to overtake in France with a right hand drive ...). Imagine Brussels telling you: 'from tomorrow, you must drive on the right in UK and you have 1 month to change the side of your steering wheel!'. And imagine that it is happening at the same time as a Brexit referendum ...
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

niemeyjt wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:36 am
The EU directive mandates 2 Factor Authentication - 2FA. It does not mandate phones, and certainly not only phones of "home" country. That is down to the banks wanting to save money as the customer buys the phone not the bank.

Credit Mutuel are happy with my UK mobile. No mobile signal - you can get boosters that instead route over WiFi and home Internet.
Exactly. A lot of things are blamed on the EU when they are merely organisations interpreting guidance and regulations to suit themselves. Same with all the money laundering regulations that some banks use to the extreme.

Credit Agricole send codes to my UK mobile. Have you asked them if you cam send them the number by registered post?