la chasse weekend activity

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
dance monkey

la chasse weekend activity

Post by dance monkey »

hi, does anyone know which days of the week la chasse are active in central brittany? I know they're out on a wednesday locally but at the weekend is it usually a saturday or sunday?
and into the forest i go, to lose my mind and find my soul - John Muir

Sidandus

Re: la chasse weekend activity

Post by Sidandus »

We have a 2nd home in central brittany. We’ve heard sounds of shooting on both Saturdays and Sundays if we’ve been at the house during the chasse season, so I tended to avoid walking the dog on those days. We also drove slowly through areas where the chasse were active, as did the cars we were following, to ensure we didn’t come into contact with a fleeing animal. I was always nervous about driving through after a motorist was shot dead by a member of the chasse when a stray bullet went straight through his door window and into his head!

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Sidandus wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:12 pm
We have a 2nd home in central brittany. We’ve heard sounds of shooting on both Saturdays and Sundays if we’ve been at the house during the chasse season, so I tended to avoid walking the dog on those days. We also drove slowly through areas where the chasse were active, as did the cars we were following, to ensure we didn’t come into contact with a fleeing animal. I was always nervous about driving through after a motorist was shot dead by a member of the chasse when a stray bullet went straight through his door window and into his head!
I hate it when that happens. A proper "brown trouser" experience, although I got lucky and it passed straight through the car and out the other side without entering my skull.
World beating track and trace. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just a Frenchie

Post by just a Frenchie »

One should not confuse 'tirer la chasse' and 'tirer à la chasse' ! :lol:
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

In the Morbihan it looks like it's only suspended Tuesdays and Fridays, except for jours fériés
(https://www.chasserenbretagne.fr/articl ... e-530.html). Côtes d'Armor looks to have the same rules
(https://www.chasserenbretagne.fr/fdc22/ ... g9_OPp7m00)
Avoid the areas they hunt if you can!
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Go and ask your local chasse.... they will probably tell you when and where they are hunting, and also whether particular members hunt by themselves (round here on Sat and Wed mornings). Some hunts get special permissions for extra days if the population of game is too high.

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

I know this is not regarding Brittany, I'm in Dordogne and for 2 weeks over Christmas and New Year, up to today our chasse has been out EVERY day.

I'm sure that's not supposed to happen but it has. Also OH has seen a man alone, with a dog and a gun not wearing any of the usual orange on the field we usually take our dogs.

Sidandus

Post by Sidandus »

Aardvark wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:22 pm
Sidandus wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:12 pm
I hate it when that happens. A proper "brown trouser" experience, although I got lucky and it passed straight through the car and out the other side without entering my skull.
I’m not quite sure how to put this but you are joking, aren’t you?