Tax forms

ANOther

Re: Tax forms

Post by ANOther »

Talking about form 2042; I submitted my return some 10 days ago and it's all there online complete with 2042 yet I've just received another copy in the post.

No comment or reason just the normal notes for filling it out.

Can't decide whether to ignore it or just put the same figures on it again and post it back to them ?
Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost in order to lose everything we had...

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You submitted it on line or by post?

If its the latter then your département does not have its thumb up its backside like mine, it took 9 months before the web portal showed that I had submitted the return, I phoned them in the summer and they said they hadn't recieved mine (sent by post) and that I should hurry to submit another one, I took it along in person to be sure only to be told by the girl at l’accueil that they must have recieved it because my taxe liability had been calculated but it might not show on the web portal for a little while, it was after all les vacances, she gave me the amount on a post-it and it corresponded to my calculation, it was the end of the year before the website showed I had submitted the return and another long wait for the amount die to show.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

elsie

Post by elsie »

ANOther wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm
Talking about form 2042; I submitted my return some 10 days ago and it's all there online complete with 2042 yet I've just received another copy in the post.

No comment or reason just the normal notes for filling it out.

Can't decide whether to ignore it or just put the same figures on it again and post it back to them ?
You don't need to do anything with the paper copy.

Even though I've voluntarily done my tax declaration online for several years I have still received a 2042K. I suspect they do it as a reminder to do the declaration and Include various notes for the current year. However, I've not yet received a 2047 and notes.

I have not opted to go paperless, so that may be reason as well.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

elsie wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:30 am
see https://droit-finances.commentcamarche. ... t-en-ligne There is a link on that page but it is not live yet. The forms won't be available until the end of April.

You have to declare your world-wide income, even if it has already been taxed elsewhere (but you will get a credit for that)

You will also need form 3196 to declare your non-french bank and savings accounts (including life insurance and pensions, etc)
My understanding is that the 3196 is for non-french bank/building society accounts. I just declare my pensions in the "overseas box on the form.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

elsie

Post by elsie »

The notes for 3916 include (translated):
All bank accounts and life insurance policies opened, used or closed abroad during the year.
This includes accounts opened with banks, investment service providers, public administrations or individuals such as notaries or money changers that receive deposits in securities, shares or cash on a regular basis.
It also includes life insurance policies taken out with insurance companies and similar institutions.

I think they are asking, in this general statement, for accounts in which you have some control of the deposits and withdrawals. The French do not know all the types of financial products available worldwide so do not provide a specific list.

I believe their definition would include personal pensions, etc. as you have control over the funds. An occupational pension would not need to be included.

As it does not affect your tax, I see no harm in declaring them. Better safe than sorry.

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I have been submitting my tax info for years and it seems like the forms arrive later each year. The last two years one arrives but the other doesn't so I have to go into town and queue up for one. It is such a headache finding the correct form online to download, and if I find it I worry that they will reject it because I only have a monochrome printer. I briefly dallied with the idea of doing an online declaration but couldn't get my head around the translations. Getting it wrong could be costly.
Have the forms started arriving in the post yet? I think the deadline is some time in May. :?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Had mine a few weeks now, they all came in seperate deliveries.

Retired neighbour has not had his, says everyone else around him has, think his might be delayed because 2017 was his first year to declare as retired.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

elsie

Post by elsie »

Aardvark wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 pm
I have been submitting my tax info for years and it seems like the forms arrive later each year. The last two years one arrives but the other doesn't so I have to go into town and queue up for one. It is such a headache finding the correct form online to download, and if I find it I worry that they will reject it because I only have a monochrome printer. I briefly dallied with the idea of doing an online declaration but couldn't get my head around the translations. Getting it wrong could be costly.
Have the forms started arriving in the post yet? I think the deadline is some time in May. :?
You might need to get used to declaring online. The online layout is rather different from the printed forms and your first online declaration will probably take some time. But if you print out the pages/save as PDF subsequent years should be a lot easier.

This year everyone with a Revenu Fiscal de Référence de 2016 greater than 15 000€ has to declare online.

As of 2019 it will be obligatory for everyone to complete their form on line if they have an internet connection (so if you can download a form, presumably you have an internet connection...) http://www.clic-formalites.com/blog/dec ... ligations/

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Gee, thanks for the bad news. :(

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

elsie wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:00 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:30 pm

This year everyone with a Revenu Fiscal de Référence de 2016 greater than 15 000€ has to declare online.

Totally incorrect. It says "if your income is over 15,000 euros AND YOUR PRINCIPLE RESIDENCE HAS INTERNET ACCESS you can declare on line".
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it