My abricotier is flowering!

Whether it's a Caterpillar or Wolf this is the place to discuss and ask questions.
Headers

My abricotier is flowering!

Post by Headers »

Attachments
23073DFE-8FFA-422B-997A-B0CF994B961C.jpeg

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: My abricotier is flowering!

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Not normal at this time of year! Where do you live? (You can add your location/département through User Control Panel (top right, click on your name), then the Profile tab)
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

Headers - you must be thrilled! But hopefully no late frosts where ever you are.
We lived in the Gers and there was a mature tree near our house which I couldn't identify for some years, no fruit on it . One spring it was covered with golden globes, and I realised it was an apricotier.
Perhaps they don't produce every year like most fruit trees. We've still got some of my favourite jam we made from those fruitful years

Headers

Post by Headers »

It’s on top of a hill in lot et Garonne. I’m amazed it had anything left on it after the high winds we had had the week before. Until last summer, we had only ever managed 1 apricot. Last summer my two little trees produced 20 kilos between them.

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

On second thoughts, there are bound to be further frosts, not even Jan. yet. You can buy a sort of fabric to drape over the young tree to protect it from the frost, so keep an eye on the weather forecast.
As you probably know Lot and Garonne is the main dept. for growing soft fruit. I envy you!

Headers

Post by Headers »

I’m expecting frosts next week. I won’t be able to cover it. Never mind. There’s always 2021!