Indesit Washing Machines

DominicBest

Re: Indesit Washing Machines

Post by DominicBest »

Rosiegirl wrote:
Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:44 am
We may be in a better position re the French contact number, as we bought the machine in France, rather than bringing it from the UK. I am surprised, though, at the lack of warnings/information in France and I wonder why this is the case.
As I understand it there have been no warnings in France because the French specification machines are not considered to be a risk. Why do you think there should be warnings in France?

Rosiegirl

Post by Rosiegirl »

Well, the serial number of the machine we purchased has the same number as the ones in the UK, but with different letters which indicates the country of sale. Do you think that machines with the same serial number destined for the UK should include all the faulty ones, whereas the same numbered machines destined for France should be fault free? Or do you think there is a factory somewhere churning out these machines, not knowing which country they will eventually end up in?
Last edited by Rosiegirl on Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

suein56

Post by suein56 »

If I remember correctly the UK fire brigade have had a major role in identifying rogue washing machines, tumble dryers, fridge-freezers and the like which can catch fire without being abused. They keep lists if what caused each fire.
Because of this the public in general, the press and the authorities have become aware of problems not caused by the consumer but by the manufacturer.
Here in France I believe that there is no such initiative by the Fire Service and, up to now, they do not seem to have copied the UK methodology.
So, such acquired knowledge can be used countrywide against manufacturers in the UK ..
here repair/replacement seems to depend on the goodwill of the vendor concerned i.e. Darty or Boulanger etc.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Ah. That means we are at the mercy of the famous French customer service. :lol:

Rosiegirl

Post by Rosiegirl »

I have good news to report.

I called the UK helpline with the intention of obtaining a number to ring in France. However, the extremely helpful person at the other end took details of our machine and checked a world wide database. Our machine is not affected by the problem.
She told me that they are receiving calls from all over the world, so if anyone has one of these machines in France, whether it was bought in the UK or not, the UK helpline should be able to say if there is a potential problem. The UK number is
0800 3161442.

Needless to say, we have had no response to our letter sent to Darty.

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Rosiegirl wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:18 am

I called the UK helpline with the intention of obtaining a number to ring in France. However, the extremely helpful person at the other end took details of our machine and checked a world wide database. Our machine is not affected by the problem.
She told me that they are receiving calls from all over the world, so if anyone has one of these machines in France, whether it was bought in the UK or not, the UK helpline should be able to say if there is a potential problem. The UK number is
0800 3161442.

Wow, thanks for that. I just hope our France-sourced model is also unaffected. Can anybody please tell me how to phone a UK 0800 number from a French landline? In the past I’ve had no success.
No reply to the letter you sent Darty - now there’s a surprise.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Tom

Post by Tom »

Can anybody please tell me how to phone a UK 0800 number from a French landline? In the past I’ve had no success.
Gave their 0800 number a call with our internet voip phone and they gave me the following number... 0044 3448 224 224

I just tried it... :good: It works.
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Much to my surprise I got through on the 0800 number Rosiegirl provided and, glory be, our model is not affected by the spontaneous ignition problem. Back to heures creuse washing now.
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Rosiegirl wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:18 am

0800 3161442.

Isn’t that what I said?

Rosiegirl

Post by Rosiegirl »

Not quite - you implied that all French machines would not be affected. All I know is that ours is not. That's not to say others may be.