French credit card

bubbles1

Re: French credit card

Post by bubbles1 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:49 pm

I use my UK credit cards to pay for goods on the UK sites ( no exchange rate stuff) as I have money in a UK bank account. I have a UK and French card registered with PayPal so I select which I wish to pay by depending on where I buy from. When I buy from neither countries I tend to use my English Paypal card depending on rates - works for me.
WE CAN ALL SEE THE STARS BUT ONLY SOME OF US SEE THE LIGHT :good:

b33jay

Re: French credit card

Post by b33jay » Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:13 pm

primohound wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:42 pm
In response to question about fees to use UK credit cards in france... I have a nationwide visa credit card and have never been charged any fees to use it to buy goods. I also have a co-op visa credit card and that is the same i.e. no fees to use it to buy goods. I think they both make a charge if you use them to draw out cash from a machine. The co-op card does add an extra charge if used to pay an autoroute toll but the nationwide card makes no extra charge for that.
I have a Nationwide Credit card used only outside the UK and I pay no fees or charges on foreign currency purchases. I also have a Nationwide FlexPlus account debit card on which foreign currency ATM cash withdrawals are free of charge. Conversion is at interbank rate. The latter card also provides travel/medical insurance and EU breakdown cover for a £13 monthly fee and interest is paid at 3% up to £2500 balance