Missing in action?

A place for some light-hearted chat.
User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 6883
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 1403 times
Been thanked: 1545 times

Missing in action?

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

User avatar
Fitter
Posts: 2616
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:17 pm
Location: Brittany 56
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 618 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by Fitter »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm
What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
P.O.W. at the forum that must not be mentioned?
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

After the Storm

Re: Missing in action?

Post by After the Storm »

FFS, are you keeping a tab on what each of us do or don’t do? Maybe you just need to start more interesting threads to entice us all to join in ;) :P ...but it’s just a forum, people will just come and go.

suein56
Posts: 2830
Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:51 am
Location: Close to the sea in Morbihan
Has thanked: 138 times
Been thanked: 221 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by suein56 »

As Veem/Biggles disappeared just less than a fortnight ago (i'm not keeping tabs honestly just aware that in Shitori/Maraboutdeficelle I am missing an opponent/s) so hopefully they will be back soon : possibly
at the end of their holiday
after whatever occurrence which arrived has passed
whenever they decide to return

Living in hope :)

Edit : Huge thanks to Just a Frenchie who has supported my enthusiasm for Shitori and Maraboutdeficelle admirably :good:
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

User avatar
mysty
Posts: 11567
Joined: Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:38 pm
Location: dep18 and 23
Has thanked: 911 times
Been thanked: 1504 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by mysty »

This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

User avatar
just a Frenchie
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm
Location: Vendée
Has thanked: 1054 times
Been thanked: 718 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by just a Frenchie »

mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
157 posts per day for 406 members looks pretty good to me !
People come and go, as you say... Do they go because they have lost interest in the forum, because they can't cope with arguments, because something has evolved in their life ? Nobody knows !
To keep a forum active, you need new interesting threads frequently, which is a challenge !
Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

why me?
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:55 am
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 275 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by why me? »

just a Frenchie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 pm
mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.
157 posts per day for 406 members looks pretty good to me !
People come and go, as you say... Do they go because they have lost interest in the forum, because they can't cope with arguments, because something has evolved in their life ? Nobody knows !
To keep a forum active, you need new interesting threads frequently, which is a challenge !
Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
About 12 posts per day since you joined obviously helps the current figures & must be up there with the most prolific.

User avatar
bluebird
Posts: 1346
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:28 pm
Has thanked: 424 times
Been thanked: 403 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by bluebird »

just a Frenchie wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:42 pm
mysty wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:03 pm
This forum like all the others will go quiet as people get older or just get fed up with it.
The forum still averages 157.10 posts per day since the day it started.

Being French, I try my best... Sometimes, it pays... Not all the time...
A huge "Thank you" to mysty who has a high production rate :D
At last an answer to something that has been bugging me. Apparently productivity in France is higher than in the UK. I just couldn't understand how.....but, of course it's Mysty :good:

User avatar
jsks
Posts: 5120
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:15 pm
Location: Lincs & N Yorks
Has thanked: 576 times
Been thanked: 2235 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by jsks »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:07 pm
What has happened to jsks, Veem, Biggles and several others who used to be here regularly?
I was wondering that, too.

Online
User avatar
Ally
Posts: 10062
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:12 am
Location: NW 23
Has thanked: 1994 times
Been thanked: 2835 times

Re: Missing in action?

Post by Ally »

Action? I've been wonder for a fortnight, who goes to flippin' Acton?
Gone to better place, which, quite frankly, could be anywhere.

Post Reply