Taxe d'habitation ... again.

RobertArthur

Re: Taxe d'habitation ... again.

Post by RobertArthur »

Elsie, perhaps I've should asked their - Bercy's - attention once again for a booklet, this one (mid eighties). Not in a very impeccable condition, so it didn't attract many readers in Paris. An OECD study, available in Englisch and French, not too difficult to read pour les politiciens et fonctionnaires in Paris. But understanding........

niemeyjt

Post by niemeyjt »

elsie wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:38 pm
Perhaps you can answer how it will be paid for? Or is it just a brief honeymoon?

Removal of TdH, removal of ISF, lowering of income tax, lowering CSG for many French pensioners, end-of-year bonuses, suspension of environmental fuel increases, the news this coming week of additional health service funding, etc... Not forgetting the additional EU contribution if Brexit happens.

Selling part of Française des Jeux and a few more French "crown jewels" will bring some money in but where else is the government really going to get revenue or additional funds? Increased money market borrowing? Increased VAT? Perhaps they're going to have to finally make some big spending cuts in the public services? It doesn't look as though the pension reforms (which were going to pinch funds from the over-funded private funds to pay for the under-funded public funds) is going to succeed so that is another hole to be filled. Reintroduce ISF, increase income tax and watch the richest/highest paid start to depart France again. And the same for companies moving corporate headquarters abroad.

But perhaps some of the necessary changes can all wait until after the elections next year. Then implement the changes just as the French start to go on holiday?
You must stop asking such sensible questions!

What with elections to win and GJs to placate, apparently someone has planted a second money tree in the Elysee Palace.

PS - I have just paid Dad's Faxe Fonciere - just over 2400 - and Taxe Habitation another 700 on top of that.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Is tax d'hab now means tested then? I haven't recieved a demand this year and don't remember getting one last year either. I certainly haven't been penalised for any non-payment. :?

And if so, does that mean we get free tv licences as well?

elsie

Post by elsie »

v12mike

Post by v12mike »

On a tangential note, our apartment in France has been declared as a maison secondaire since we bought it 10 years ago, we didn't bother changing it when we lived here full time in 2013/2014.

We decided to become resident again in France this year and in about August sent a message to the local tax office informing them of that, and unexpectedly, they have refunded most of this year's TdH into our bank account.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

elsie wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:28 am
Spardo, see https://droit-finances.commentcamarche. ... de-revenus
Thanks Elsie, that explains it then, and on checking I find the last time we paid was 2015. :o
Next thing you know they'll be giving us bus passes, all we have to do now is find a bus to use them on. :roll: :lol:

Seriously though, this is a lot of money, almost € 1000 we have saved since '15. Just as well. as another big devis was presented to me for the car this morning. :(

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

Last year TH was 411 euros, this year 296 euros so quite a drop. We don't have a maison secondaire, just our primary residence. To be paid as usual just before Christmas.

landmannnn

Post by landmannnn »

I've not had my letter yet this year for my maison secondaire, unusual because I have normally had it by now.

buzz

Post by buzz »

v12mike wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:01 am
We decided to become resident again in France this year and in about August sent a message to the local tax office informing them of that, and unexpectedly, they have refunded most of this year's TdH into our bank account.
That is a bit bizarre. Have you filled in a tax return for this year, if not how did they know how much to refund ???

v12mike

Post by v12mike »

I presume that it is based on our return for last year, which was null, as we were not tax resident. Perhaps an error, but I am not asking any questions.