Taxe d'habitation ... again.

Ally

Taxe d'habitation ... again.

Post by Ally »

I'm posting this just in case there's someone else overly casual with administrative matters as I.
I went online to set up the payment thinking it was due on the 15th of December as it always has been in the past. When I'd finished I received the usual notification that payment would be taken on 25/11/19, ten days after the due date which this year was A MONTH EARLIER 👁👁.
I hadn't read the date on the paper bill.
Like I say, just in case. I wouldn't like to see anyone have to pay the surcharge for late payment.

TriciaF

Re: Taxe d'habitation ... again.

Post by TriciaF »

My suspicious mind - watch out , they'll gradually bring the date earlier by the month until they get an extra month off you without you realising.
that's what happened with one of our bills, can't remember which one. Probably Orange.

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

Our taxe d’impots had deadline of 15th Nov.....but Taxe d’hab is just before Xmas as usual.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Response to PatF

That did cross my mind and had I been due to pay the full amount that change of date would have put me in a wee bit of a bind for a couple of weeks. As I understand it, that will be the last time I pay TdH.
Related. I received my paper electricity bill on the 14th. On it says if it is not paid by the 20th there will be a surcharge. 6 days when you might be on holiday or in hospital or even waiting on pay day if you are on limited means. I'm in the position where I can check my consumption on a daily basis if I wish and I can view my facture online on the 5th, but that's not everyone.

mysty

Post by mysty »

38 euros hab and 139 for the TV, shame its about to change.
Two houses ago we were over 1000 :P
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

elsie

Post by elsie »

But reduced 1€ so only 138€ for the TV next year. But it will still be on a TdH bill. They estimated 80% would no longer pay TdH but I'm not sure if that was only for primary residences or whether it included secondary residences in the calculation.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Nope 2nd homes didn't come into the equation - no progressive reductions for 2nd (or subsequent!) homes:

https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... or=EPR-141
Screenshot 2019-11-16 at 08.15.53 - Edited.png

elsie

Post by elsie »

I'm well aware of that. I know secondary residences will continue to pay TdH.

It was how the 80% was calculated. Did it mean 80% of all residences would no longer pay TdH or 80% of primary residences?

I've now seen the latest estimate is just under 77% of primary residences. That figure includes those who already didn't pay TdH because of low income, etc (5.1 million households). And the Public/Local Finances figure is 17.6 million out of the 29.5 million primary households = 59.6% no longer pay TdH because of the "Macron" legislation. So 5.1+17.6 million out of 29.5 million did not pay TdH for 2019.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Glad that's been cleared up! 👍😛👍😛

elsie

Post by elsie »

Perhaps you can answer how it will be paid for? Or is it just a brief honeymoon?

Removal of TdH, removal of ISF, lowering of income tax, lowering CSG for many French pensioners, end-of-year bonuses, suspension of environmental fuel increases, the news this coming week of additional health service funding, etc... Not forgetting the additional EU contribution if Brexit happens.

Selling part of Française des Jeux and a few more French "crown jewels" will bring some money in but where else is the government really going to get revenue or additional funds? Increased money market borrowing? Increased VAT? Perhaps they're going to have to finally make some big spending cuts in the public services? It doesn't look as though the pension reforms (which were going to pinch funds from the over-funded private funds to pay for the under-funded public funds) is going to succeed so that is another hole to be filled. Reintroduce ISF, increase income tax and watch the richest/highest paid start to depart France again. And the same for companies moving corporate headquarters abroad.

But perhaps some of the necessary changes can all wait until after the elections next year. Then implement the changes just as the French start to go on holiday?