Banks

Simonflys

Re: Banks

Post by Simonflys »

Seriously - do people still go to bank branches and, if so, what for?? Maybe we should have a poll?

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Simon, not everybody lives their life exactly like you. Your way may be different but that does not mean that it’s any better. Yet again you are saying if people don’t mirror what you do they are wrong. Thank God there are plenty of individuals out there not just a host of Simon clones.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Plus ça change eh Domi! Thanks for yet another lecture / attack on my character - so predictable! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just to clear things up for anyone with a modicum of interest (!?!?!)..... I don't consider 'my way' any better than anyone else's although, through experience, I appreciate some (like you) detest just about any opinion I have on just about anything. I go so far as to say they (you) almost view it as a sport :P :P :P

I am not saying that if people don't mirror me they are wrong - I'm sharing my thoughts and experiences and again, I appreciate they may not be shared by some - like you. :o :o :o

Like you, I'm also glad there are not a host of Simon clones - I like to think of myself as unique! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Domi (how apt!) - just ignore me, I really won't mind 😘😘😘

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Simonflys wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:34 pm
Seriously - do people still go to bank branches and, if so, what for?? Maybe we should have a poll?
Yes to pay in cash and cheques, the latter I could live without, the former I am not going to trust sending by the post, I'm sure they would all get there but with the number of my cheques that I have paid in being lost, creditted to someone elses account or whatever at least I have a branch to go into and raise hell.

I was at the point of binning them C.A. off (had already done so with La Banque Postale who had also stolen my money) of course they would not allow me to, I had to make an appointment, first available in 6 weeks time, same old same old when I spied a friend from the running club behind one of the guichets, we did la bise and i saod what are you doing here? She told me she was the new directrice so I did a complete U turn.

44 years ago i put myself through college by repairing & buying & selling cars on the side, I was with National Girobank and sent off cheques in a pre-paid envelope, I sent of hundreds maybe even a thousand and not one ever went missing or was miscreditted.

15 years ago I could pay cheques into the Nationwide by putting them in a machine that would scan them and print a copy of the cheque on the acknowledgeent slip it spat out, with the C.A. i still have to put them in an open letterbox although they do now have a machine for paying in banknotes which counts them and to date has not made a mistake unlike the human predecessor who liked to siphon off a €50 note every so often.

I would happily use a virtual bank if they had an unmanned lobby service in town with an ATM that could accept cheques and cash in a secure manner as described above, its not rocket science, the tech has been around for decades.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Simonflys wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 pm
Plus ça change eh Domi! Thanks for yet another lecture / attack on my character - so predictable! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just to clear things up for anyone with a modicum of interest (!?!?!)..... I don't consider 'my way' any better than anyone else's although, through experience, I appreciate some (like you) detest just about any opinion I have on just about anything. I go so far as to say they (you) almost view it as a sport :P :P :P

I am not saying that if people don't mirror me they are wrong - I'm sharing my thoughts and experiences and again, I appreciate they may not be shared by some - like you. :o :o :o

Like you, I'm also glad there are not a host of Simon clones - I like to think of myself as unique! 8-) 8-) 8-)

It’s not an attack on your character, I don’t know you. It’s pointing out that for the second time in two days you have done your, who does it any other way? routine. Other people don’t have to use the same banks as you, lose weight just because you have, play golf, shop in Spain or holiday in Portugal. Other, possibly better options are available. I’m surprised I’m not on your ignore list.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

DominicBest wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 am
Simonflys wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:53 pm

It’s not an attack on your character, I don’t know you. It’s pointing out that for the second time in two days you have done your, who does it any other way? routine. Other people don’t have to use the same banks as you, lose weight just because you have, play golf, shop in Spain or holiday in Portugal. Other, possibly better options are available. I’m surprised I’m not on your ignore list.
I’m not putting on a mod hat as we don’t have them, just a hey, remember I’m a friend here and just trying to be helpful to you both. It’s just words on a screen, without hearing the friendly tone something is said in is a disadvantage on forums imo. Also, I don’t know if Simonfly saw that I had taken down two replies from someone else on the other thread mentioned (sorry Simon I should have perhaps sent you a pm before) or if you did DB so I am saying so here as I think it explains perhaps what has been said and why I took them down. I get what Simonfly was saying on the weight thread and understand why anyone who themselves has lost a lot themselves wants to encourage to do the same when they know by experience the benefits. I also get what you are saying DB that we are all different, aren’t we just (in a good way) and we also all express ourselves differently....and I prefer going to a bank too if anyone wants to know and Tina, I liked Populaire when I was in the Limousin (don’t know where you are though) and welcome to the forum :D .
Back to what I was saying, ignoring anyone isn’t the answer ever, talking is always better, especially to both of you, who I like a lot. There, said my bit, it’s 5.08 am so if the above sounds like useless drivel from me then it probably is at this time of the day but I’m responding to a kindly prompt from someone else, who also likes you both on here and I am not talking about Mysty (though he obviously does too) but as he is asleep again already now having just been up to take Demon out (who had soup for supper so couldn’t last the night) so he has not seen the above yet :P .....
Too early in the morning now to say good night so will say have a good day instead to you both :D....and everyone else.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

DominicBest wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:29 am
......Other people don’t have to use the same banks as you, lose weight just because you have, play golf, shop in Spain or holiday in Portugal......
Couldn't agree more - just don't understand why my take on things gets under your skin (and always has!!). :P :P :P

curtis

Post by curtis »

I am with Banque Populaire. No problems but a bit expensive I think. I very seldom go in but it has been helpful from time to time. I get called in for a chat where they try to find out more about me and I am as evasive as is necessary! I use their online banking.
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

basileus

Post by basileus »

I'm with CA-nord pyrenees. No problems with them over the last ten years. Mostly on line banking but I use them to deposit cheques. Only problem is they are very slow at inter bank transfers. Seconds in the UK, days here.

mysty

Post by mysty »

basileus wrote:
Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:15 am
I'm with CA-nord pyrenees. No problems with them over the last ten years. Mostly on line banking but I use them to deposit cheques. Only problem is they are very slow at inter bank transfers. Seconds in the UK, days here.
Still wary of doing banking online but will have to change.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience