A serious quiz.

Ally

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Ally »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:03 pm
Bloody brilliant if it's original, Ally.
It isn't. It's been around for a while to describe people who feel cosy with the strength of the union around them. I think Bojo is onto a cure.

User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 11852
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 2868 times
Been thanked: 2816 times

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Makes me think of the end of Titanic, with Scotland as Rose floating after the shipwreck and England as Jack clinging on but dying.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Ally »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:12 pm
Makes me think of the end of Titanic, with Scotland as Rose floating after the shipwreck and England as Jack clinging on but dying.
194256912.JPG.gallery.jpg

Spardo

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Spardo »

Ally wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm
1.......but I do admit to having a pop, because Ally keeps being rude about the LibDems. :lol:
That's not true. Exposing them is not rude. Claiming that cancer deaths in Scotland increased because of Indyref is beyond rude, it's outrageous, but it's what Jo Swinson said when Sally, a lifelong indy supporter unlike myself, was battling cancer. Faking American hospital beds as SNHS beds and using American actresses as grieving SNHS nurses in your your literature is beyond rude, it's downright dishonest. It's what Jo Swinson did when Sally and others were receiving top notch treatment and surviving in record numbers what used to be a death sentence.
Swinson lied.
Carmichael lied.
Nick Clegg lied.
Their lies had a huge negative effect on tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. But they've done OK. Saying these things is not rude, they are a matter of public record.
Sorry, I know your comment was light hearted but you'll understand why I am not a fan of Jo Swinson.
Well I have searched, not exhaustively I admit, I don't have the means, but I have never heard those accusations before so, if as you say you 'have exposed them' as opposed to merely being rude, which is what I was referring to, I think it would be nice to have some basis for this exposure. Perhaps you would be good enough to furnish it. If not then a suitable withdrawal of what otherwise is an outrageous libel, would be the best thing to do.

User avatar
just a Frenchie
Posts: 2215
Joined: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm
Location: Vendée
Has thanked: 1055 times
Been thanked: 721 times

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by just a Frenchie »

I've got 3/10 :oops: but at each time I have been wrong it's because I had over-estimated :lol:
You learn from your mistakes but it's much quicker and cheaper to learn from the mistakes of other people ! :D

Ally

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Ally »

Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Ally wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm
1.......but I do admit to having a pop, because Ally keeps being rude about the LibDems. :lol:
That's not true. Exposing them is not rude. Claiming that cancer deaths in Scotland increased because of Indyref is beyond rude, it's outrageous, but it's what Jo Swinson said when Sally, a lifelong indy supporter unlike myself, was battling cancer. Faking American hospital beds as SNHS beds and using American actresses as grieving SNHS nurses in your your literature is beyond rude, it's downright dishonest. It's what Jo Swinson did when Sally and others were receiving top notch treatment and surviving in record numbers what used to be a death sentence.
Swinson lied.
Carmichael lied.
Nick Clegg lied.
Their lies had a huge negative effect on tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. But they've done OK. Saying these things is not rude, they are a matter of public record.
Sorry, I know your comment was light hearted but you'll understand why I am not a fan of Jo Swinson.
Well I have searched, not exhaustively I admit, I don't have the means, but I have never heard those accusations before so, if as you say you 'have exposed them' as opposed to merely being rude, which is what I was referring to, I think it would be nice to have some basis for this exposure. Perhaps you would be good enough to furnish it. If not then a suitable withdrawal of what otherwise is an outrageous libel, would be the best thing to do.
Ha ha ha ha. I cannae keep myself going on Pampers today. Or was it Tena Lady. You know I tell so many lies I lost track of reality.

Like I said.
Swinson lied. Proven
Clegg lied. Proven
Carmichael lied. Proven

I'm sure they're big enough to challenge me if they feel the need. In the meantime I'll spend the next few hours compiling some material for your perusal. And if you believe that I'll understand why you've a soft spot for the LieDems you silly sausage.

Spardo

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Spardo »

Ally wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:57 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:40 pm
Ally wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm


That's not true. Exposing them is not rude. Claiming that cancer deaths in Scotland increased because of Indyref is beyond rude, it's outrageous, but it's what Jo Swinson said when Sally, a lifelong indy supporter unlike myself, was battling cancer. Faking American hospital beds as SNHS beds and using American actresses as grieving SNHS nurses in your your literature is beyond rude, it's downright dishonest. It's what Jo Swinson did when Sally and others were receiving top notch treatment and surviving in record numbers what used to be a death sentence.
Swinson lied.
Carmichael lied.
Nick Clegg lied.
Their lies had a huge negative effect on tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. But they've done OK. Saying these things is not rude, they are a matter of public record.
Sorry, I know your comment was light hearted but you'll understand why I am not a fan of Jo Swinson.
Well I have searched, not exhaustively I admit, I don't have the means, but I have never heard those accusations before so, if as you say you 'have exposed them' as opposed to merely being rude, which is what I was referring to, I think it would be nice to have some basis for this exposure. Perhaps you would be good enough to furnish it. If not then a suitable withdrawal of what otherwise is an outrageous libel, would be the best thing to do.
Ha ha ha ha. I cannae keep myself going on Pampers today. Or was it Tena Lady. You know I tell so many lies I lost track of reality.

Like I said.
Swinson lied. Proven
Clegg lied. Proven
Carmichael lied. Proven

I'm sure they're big enough to challenge me if they feel the need. In the meantime I'll spend the next few hours compiling some material for your perusal. And if you believe that I'll understand why you've a soft spot for the LieDems you silly sausage.
As I thought, destruction of a lighthearted thread by the use of a rant accusing people of whom I obviously have some regard, of disgraceful conduct, and then refusing to offer any link or basis for the accusations.
And to use your own family's situation as a prop, as if no-one else has suffered in their family with cancer, is beneath contempt.

You like to portray yourself as a jolly clown but, like many clowns, there is a more sinister side. Using childish playground name calling does not make it sound any better.

I ask you once again to provide us with your evidence, your 'exposure' as you like to call it, or withdraw what you said.
Alternatively perhaps Mysty or ATS in their capacity of being able to, might choose to withdraw from public display your unfounded allegations and my replies to them, and restore this thread to its original intention, lighthearted banter.

After the Storm

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by After the Storm »

Done my bit earlier today elsewhere so just going to say, chill out, ease back, time out, don’t jump on each disagreement because somewhere else you’ll be sharing a joke together about something else. If anyone is irritated by something, maybe remember that someone else might not. Yes normally you can be in your house where everyone agrees on everything (well not in ours but maybe the rest of you do) but not on here. I wouldn’t stop talking to someone even if they called me an idiot, probably justified at times :P so if someone says something that seriously doesn’t go against the rules or guidelines just let it go....and smile, proven to lift anyone’s mood :P
And AtS has left the building 8-)

Edit but if anyone calls me an idiot in a non friendly banter way then that’s against the guidelines :lol:

Ally

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Ally »

Dog catcher, lawyer and psyco-analyst with the emphasis on anal. Aren't we honoured to be in such company.

User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 11852
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 2868 times
Been thanked: 2816 times

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Ally, didn't you read AtS's post just before yours? :)

And what does your signature say?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Post Reply