A serious quiz.

Tom

Re: A serious quiz.

Post by Tom »

4/10 but purely by luck.

When the union started, around three hundred years ago, Scotland made up about 1/6th of the total population of the country. Today it makes up about 1/12th. Despite the eloquent efforts of Ian Blackford it's no wonder that Scottish voices don't always count for much in Westminster.
“He who laughs last didn’t get the joke.”
– Charles de Gaulle

Catrose

Post by Catrose »

I knew 2 and guessed 3 more correct answers....

Ally

Post by Ally »

Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm
1.......but I do admit to having a pop, because Ally keeps being rude about the LibDems. :lol:
That's not true. Exposing them is not rude. Claiming that cancer deaths in Scotland increased because of Indyref is beyond rude, it's outrageous, but it's what Jo Swinson said when Sally, a lifelong indy supporter unlike myself, was battling cancer. Faking American hospital beds as SNHS beds and using American actresses as grieving SNHS nurses in your your literature is beyond rude, it's downright dishonest. It's what Jo Swinson did when Sally and others were receiving top notch treatment and surviving in record numbers what used to be a death sentence.
Swinson lied.
Carmichael lied.
Nick Clegg lied.
Their lies had a huge negative effect on tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. But they've done OK. Saying these things is not rude, they are a matter of public record.
Sorry, I know your comment was light hearted but you'll understand why I am not a fan of Jo Swinson.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Ally wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:50 pm
Spardo wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 12:06 pm
1.......but I do admit to having a pop, because Ally keeps being rude about the LibDems. :lol:
That's not true. Exposing them is not rude. Claiming that cancer deaths in Scotland increased because of Indyref is beyond rude, it's outrageous, but it's what Jo Swinson said when Sally, a lifelong indy supporter unlike myself, was battling cancer. Faking American hospital beds as SNHS beds and using American actresses as grieving SNHS nurses in your your literature is beyond rude, it's downright dishonest. It's what Jo Swinson did when Sally and others were receiving top notch treatment and surviving in record numbers what used to be a death sentence.
Swinson lied.
Carmichael lied.
Nick Clegg lied.
Their lies had a huge negative effect on tens, if not hundreds of thousands of people. But they've done OK. Saying these things is not rude, they are a matter of public record.
Sorry, I know your comment was light hearted but you'll understand why I am not a fan of Jo Swinson.

My fault, you did say it's 'A serious quiz' :roll:

Must remember to tackle only the lighthearted ones in future. :|

Less than lighthearted comments deleted.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Wrong again. ATS said it, no me.😉

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Only 4, shameful, as my father was born in Scotland!

Ally

Post by Ally »

Maybe I know him. Is his name Jimmy?

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Only 3, all guessed. Reading the info below each answer, it's even more astonishing than I thought before that Scotland haven't yet thrown off the yoke.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Post by Ally »

Jockholm Syndrome.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Bloody brilliant if it's original, Ally.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen