Re: New system for residence permit required after brexit

Post by Debra »

Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm
Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:56 pm
Mrs Archy wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:46 pm
W I do have one question though which is why is it free if it's brexit with the current WA and 119 euros with no deal?

Because, for two years we continue to be in the EU. It is the 'transition period'.

There may well be a charge after two years though...
I just realised a mistake - the transition period is a fixed date: Dec 31 2020. So read fourteen months instead of two years...
Apologies :oops:
Hal the transition period only applies if the withdrawal agreement is ratified and in that case we won't pay for residence permits as it'll carry on as it does now, with no charge.

Fitter

Re: New system for carte de sejou

Post by Fitter »

JohnnyD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:00 pm
Is it worth me trying to apply for a 'holiday' home do you think?

JD
If you've got five years tax returns, five years of french bank records showing sufficient income plus a mutuelle for health insurance and a few other mounds of paper that I can't be bothered to remember - Yup go right ahead. :lol:
"It’s easier to fool people than to prove to them that they were fooled"
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

Fitter wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:52 pm
JohnnyD wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:00 pm
Is it worth me trying to apply for a 'holiday' home do you think?

JD
If you've got five years tax returns, five years of french bank records showing sufficient income plus a mutuelle for health insurance and a few other mounds of paper that I can't be bothered to remember - Yup go right ahead. :lol:
In fact you do not need five years worth of anything, the process is open to anyone ‘resident’ in France on B-Day.

Hal

Post by Hal »

Debra wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:36 pm
Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:01 pm
Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 4:56 pm

Because, for two years we continue to be in the EU. It is the 'transition period'.

There may well be a charge after two years though...
I just realised a mistake - the transition period is a fixed date: Dec 31 2020. So read fourteen months instead of two years...
Apologies :oops:
Hal the transition period only applies if the withdrawal agreement is ratified and in that case we won't pay for residence permits as it'll carry on as it does now, with no charge.
You are complicating things. I only posted to amend my mistake of two years to fourteen months.

Debra

Post by Debra »

Hal wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 pm

You are complicating things. I only posted to amend my mistake of two years to fourteen months.
But you said after that transition period (irrelevant how long it is) there may be a charge, so I was just pointing out that there wouldn't be.

Hal

Post by Hal »

!! No one can speculate on what it is going to be like next week! I would hate to be categoric on what is going to happen in January 2021! But if you are party to exactly what it will be like then and there is no charge, then great, we should have an easy transition!

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

You are mixing things up. Debra has explained what will happen in case of a no-deal or a deal. Nobody needs a crystal ball they just have to wait for them result’ and follow the given path from there.

Hal

Post by Hal »

Just as I implied!

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

In that case you have been contradicting yourself.

Oldblueraincoat

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Simonflys wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:38 pm
Oldblueraincoat wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:51 pm
Debra wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:54 pm
No but if you'd renewed it you may have got one or maybe the same again but with the word permanent or xxx's in the end date. It was a few years after that when the current type came out (my friend's card from 2010 is probably the same as yours but with the word permanent in the end of validity date).

On the new system it doesn't specify only carte de sejour permanent as being valid for the straight swap method of application - it says any ten year residence card, expired or not, so it looks like they're going to treat all ten year cards as being the equivalent of the current carte de sejour permanent and process them as a direct swap with no need to prove current resources. Probably because in French law you have to be given a card anyway if you've been here for more than ten years.
Thank you Debra - that's the way l read it - NOT what Simonflys says. n any event it will be interesting to see what happens when l submit t as evidence with my application :) :) :)
Thanks for highlighting that Debra - I missed it but here is a screen shot from the new site sort of supporting what you say - although not specifically restricted to 10 year cards. Another link may be more helpful if you have one?

@Oldblueraincoat - if you'd already read it that way - why waste peoples time? Just get on with your online application and do let us all know how it works out....
SorrySimon, l didn't realise asking for advice was wasting peoples time - sometimes some of us are unsure and need a little help understanding things - Be assured won't be asking for your advice any time soon.

Thanks Debra - Yes l did my online application today and this is how l got on - The page on the application form asking for details about an existing 10 year CdS specifically states that it is acceptable EVEN if expired. So the only other thing l needed was the info page from the passport. Received confirmation by EMail like everyone else and await events. Just to help others who are in the same situation EXPIRED 10 Carte de Sejour are acceptable so we wont have to go through all the other rigmarole.

As others have said it was rather painless - which is a blessing especially for old codgers like me ;) ;) ;)