New system for residence permit required after brexit

jardiniere

Re: New system for carte de sejou

Post by jardiniere »

In the confusion between different kinds of cards, I find it helps to think of Titre as meaning entitlement so there are different types of entitlement to reside in France, of which carte de séjour is one.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

You beat me to it Fitter, they have always been speaking of a Carte de Residente being issued after Brexit and exchanged for existing carte/titre de séjours.

As Debra points out it will all depend on the flavour of Brexit and peoples circumstances.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: New system for residence permit required after brexit

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

An analogy which might make it clearer: when buying something, you can use a payment card; either a debit card or a credit card, both of which are types of payment card, and a credit card can be Visa, American Express or any other brand, but all are types of payment card. Substitute Titre de Séjour for payment card and Carte de séjour and Carte de Résident for the types of Titre de Séjour and it makes things clear.
Last edited by FrenchForumSurvivor on Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Some info here that might answer a question someone asked and what has already been answered re what happens if there is or isn't a brexit but I've posted it anyway.

“They can apply as of now, though nothing will be processed until the UK has really left. And there is no urgency because they would have six months to apply after a no-deal Brexit and a year to obtain a card.'

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... 2Mg70knSjU

and

https://www.connexionfrance.com/French- ... rU2ZMupOOU
Last edited by Mrs Archy on Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Northern Soul - Keep The Faith

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Mrs Archy

Post by Mrs Archy »

Just to add to some folks confusion :D maybe the card should be altered to state Titre du Jour at least I think that means title of the day and that way if the goal posts keep moving it wouldn't matter - sorry I don't mean to be flippant just trying to lighten it a bit :) :) :) :)
Northern Soul - Keep The Faith

‘The brightest flame casts the darkest shadows’

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Only €12.50 for a help guide which wont be as concise and correct as the flowchart in English produced by the French government.

Who said there would be no winners in a Brexit! :cry:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

I'm confused. We have our third tds, issued in Oct 2018. It says it is valid until Oct 2028, the nature of the card is a 'carte de sejour citoyen UE/EEE/SUISSE' and the remarques say 'sejour permanent'. Is this card covered by French or UE law.

Oldblueraincoat

Post by Oldblueraincoat »

Simonflys wrote:
Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:56 pm
OK enough! I guess some folks only see what they want to see - jeeeeezzzzz. Here's my snotty answer.

TdS and CdS are the same thing - end of! I have a Titre de Séjour clearly indicating Séjour Permanent - it has a 10 year validity. You need to change them every 10 years to renew your photo and change the inbuilt chip - completely understandable (or so I thought!!!!). What I have in fact is a 'Title' or 'entitlement' if your prefer, to permanent residence. My 'Title' is printed on a plastic 'card'. The 'Nature' or type of 'Titre' - as you can see - is in fact a Carte de Séjour. The old name for this type of card was indeed a Carte de Séjour - and for one last time - the same as a Titre de Séjour. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sometimes it's like being at a weird WI meeting where some of the attendees have eaten too many magic mushroom fairy buns :P :P :P :P If you've got any left I'll have them!!

Here's a pretty photo:

I was issued with a Communaute Europeenne Carte de Sejour in 2001 - It shows my Date d'entrée en France in April 2001 and expired in April 2011. Is this considered the same as a permanent residence permit?

exile

Post by exile »

Mangetout wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm
I'm confused. We have our third tds, issued in Oct 2018. It says it is valid until Oct 2028, the nature of the card is a 'carte de sejour citoyen UE/EEE/SUISSE' and the remarques say 'sejour permanent'. Is this card covered by French or UE law.
It is covered by French law, which in turn complies with an EU directive. EU law does not exist in the way that most people understand the term. The EU issues directives (once agreed by all member states) and the individual countries put these into their own local legal codes in their own language(s).

Edit to add: If you cease to be an EU/EEE/Suisse citizen the card becomes immediately invalid, so you will need to sign up for a different card if that applies.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

It doesn’t become invalid immediately after Brexit as even after a no-deal Brexit it will remain valid for 12 months.