Linky

Water, electricity, gas etc.
v12mike

Re: Linky

Post by v12mike » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm

If you are on a tarif low puissance, you may find that the poser trips out because the Linky is measuring the current more accurately and enforcing the rules more strictly.

One of our neighbours refused to have a Linky fitted (apparently this is allowed) and still has her old meter. Maybe it will stay that way until she moves.

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:05 pm

Ours was fitted last week; it took about 10 minutes.

I’m told that if any repairs need to be made with the previous set up, the owner has to pay, and that if a linky is wanted after a deadline for fitting, not disclosed, a charge of €140 will be made. Anyone have any knowledge about this?

RobertArthur

Post by RobertArthur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:23 pm

This is an example of almost invisible transactions. Yes, it does cost ENEDIS about 140 euros. In the end of the day we are paying somewhere in our electricity bills. The promise made when introducing this smart meter was that it pays fot itself, we are firing Mr Meterman. The French Court of Auditors had more than one thing to say about the introduction of LINKY, a harsh critic. Short read and a much longer read.

lindal1000

Post by lindal1000 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:38 pm

My partner decided to experiment with the linky that had just been fitted in the house we renovated. It has a 6 kw supply , and he went round and switched on all the radiators and appliances until it tripped. He was able to draw about 20% more than the 6KW before it tripped.

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:34 pm

The only problem our monophase Linky causes is touch lights switching on uncommanded and an occasional buzz from t'internet radio - neither happened before Linky. :roll:
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

– Michael Crichton

Fitter

Post by Fitter » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:35 pm

The only problem our monophase Linky causes is touch lights switching on uncommanded and an occasional buzz from t'internet radio - neither happened before Linky. :roll:
Whenever you hear the consensus of scientists agrees on something or other, reach for your wallet, because you’re being had.

– Michael Crichton

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:57 pm

I have to read ours and post it online. Not much of a hardship, and I don't leave the meter box door wide open to the elements like the (contractor) meter readers often do.
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:11 pm

Once they install the concentrateur you should not have to do that any more, you are not contractually obliged to do so anyway, its them that have to read the meter twice a year although they rarely do.

I send off regular readings to Direct Energie but only because in doing so they adjust my prelevement immediately, have had some tenants off sick for several months which they have passed at their homes, after that I give them the readings and my monthly payment drops, if I didnt they would just do it at the end of the year, I take them for my own benefit & its no hardship to upload them.

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:17 pm

All this is very interesting. I recently received a letter saying Linky would be installed. When they phoned I said ‘no, thank you’ . I was told in no uncertain terms what would be the result if I refused. I was also told that if I was in France when they chose to fit it, then the law required me to be HERE. As it happened I will be in France but 600km away. It’s going to be fun...

Gardengirl

Post by Gardengirl » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 pm

RobertArthur wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:23 pm
This is an example of almost invisible transactions. Yes, it does cost ENEDIS about 140 euros. In the end of the day we are paying somewhere in our electricity bills. The promise made when introducing this smart meter was that it pays fot itself, we are firing Mr Meterman. The French Court of Auditors had more than one thing to say about the introduction of LINKY, a harsh critic. Short read and a much longer read.
Thank you for your post and links, RobertArthur; I chose the shorter version and that is fine.