Dechets - BIG CHANGE

suein56

Re: Dechets - BIG CHANGE

Post by suein56 »

Spardo wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 7:05 am
We don't even have a bin unique to ourselves, just 3 bins (one of them small) between 6 households 150 metres down the bottom of a steep hill. No chance of carrying it down let alone walking back up for the infirm.
The system changed about 5 or 6 years ago, we used to leave our bags (no bin) outside our shared drive, then we found that it was not being collected for several weeks and it piled up till I took it in the car to the village bin.
Apparently they had changed the system without bothering to tell us.
Recyclabe bins are on the road just above us, one day various rubbish was scattered on the road after the lorry had been. When I complained I was told that some of it was the wrong type of plastic, so the lorry driver had simply thrown it out.
Good grief .. how dreadful.
Although I complain (to myself if no one else) about the very numerous summer holidaymakers clogging up just about everything around us .. the roads :shock: the markets :o the supermarkets :? and the beaches :cry: and the restos :evil: .. it has become obvious to me that we owe them a great deal of thanks. As it is because of them that we have weekly collections of rubbish, plastics/cardboard/paper and glass all year round and daily collections of the same in the season ie throughout July and August.
So a big thank you to all the visitors to our area.
Although I have to add that I have always been 'green' firstly in the UK and then 'Eco' here in France. We recycle plastic, glass, paper etc etc, we compost a lot .. we have our own productive potager which keeps us in salad and veggies in the summer .. plus we burn what is allowable in our 'insert' in the winter months.
I appreciate how very difficult it must be for town dwellers.
Last edited by suein56 on Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Computing can bring you closer to others - mentally if not physically

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

lindal1000 wrote:
Fri Oct 04, 2019 10:39 pm
I just re read our leaflet..next year is a transition year..and then the system will,, be progressively introduced..we will be January 2021..the northern part of the Dordogne January 2022 and the Western part January 2023
We will be in our area Jan 2020 - still think it is stupid
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

niemeyjt

Post by niemeyjt »

Given the vulnerability of speed cameras to those with a grievance, I wonder how long these bins will survive others with a grievance?

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

I was wondering how long it would take for a determined person and a crowbar to destroy the lock/etc. to get them open. 8-)
Last edited by Aardvark on Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

Nothing happening in our dept, 49, has anyone got a link to information. Just searched all local sites to no avail.

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Mangetout wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Nothing happening in our dept, 49, has anyone got a link to information. Just searched all local sites to no avail.
Have looked at the stuff I received and it seems to be by department so cant help - dosent apper to be a general site - try asking at yoru Marie they should know.
The truth is always the truth even if no-one believes it - a lie is always a lie even if everyone believes it

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

bubbles1 wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:57 pm
Mangetout wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:00 pm
Have looked at the stuff I received and it seems to be by department so cant help - dosent apper to be a general site - try asking at yoru Marie they should know.
That G&T seems to have gotten to your typing skills, bubbles!
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

bubbles1

Post by bubbles1 »

Yep it does :lol: :lol: :lol:

rabbit

Post by rabbit »

See my earlier posting on this topic re the failure of this scheme in my commune. The commune of communes forced its implementation against the wishes of the various maires. I understand it was implemented in response to an E.U. directive on reduction of landfill, but I’m not sure if that was a fact or propaganda. If you live in a town or village i suggest you fight it because it didn’t work here and was abandoned despite the enormous cost of implementation

Gigi

Post by Gigi »

Living in an apartment block with 52 apartments in France, we use large communal wheely bins in the bin store. For most of the year, only one or sometimes two bins are put out by the cleaner for emptying; even in summer, I can’t imagine all 12 or so bins needing to be put out for emptying. I think that the town gets a good deal from all our 52 annual payments as the bins are so little needed; a large majority of owners only use their apartments for 4-6 weeks each year.

Items for recycling have to be taken up to the big bins around the edge of town, but they are generally little used, which shocks me, as where we live in the UK we have very good recycling facilities and a good variety of recycling rubbish is collected. Here no recycling is done from people’s homes, it depends on people’s goodwill, and only recycling bins for paper, glass and card/plastic are available.

I agree that some of the schemes for rubbish are badly thought out. At our tip/recycling centre in the UK, people who live in the areas of councils who pay for the running of it are allowed to use it and have a badge on the car windscreen. Those who want to get rd of soil or rubble have to pay for that individually, yet the owners of the recycling centre sell compost from green waste we all take along. Fly tipping has escalated since the fairly hefty charge to take soil and rubble was introduced.