Insurance ombudsman in France?

manonthemoon

Insurance ombudsman in France?

Post by manonthemoon »

Does anyone know if one exists, or if you have a complaint about insurance who do you go to to make a complaint?

Our recent insurance claim (after storm damage) is not paying us for the Humax box and the other decoder we had, they say because "they are not available in France". However I've pointed out that the TV sat man is siret registered, and provides this equipment here and we pay in euros. Both humax and other decoder are available with French Amazon and Ebay France.

So far we are at stalemate (bit like Brexit :D ) so how do I take this further?

limousinlady

Re: Insurance ombudsman in France?

Post by limousinlady »

I know the feeling. We were told that our Humax and other sat receivers had to be tested by an electrician to confirm that their failure was due to storm damage! How could that be proved, and we were told we should have bought french equipment! We gave up in the end as it wasn't worth the hassle.

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

I don't know, but I would be interested to know. We cancelled Boss' insurance for the next year, way too expensive, and the last payment is to be taken in October. So I am steeling myself for a problem.

I only agreed to monthly payments because he is very old for a Rottie and I thought he might not last the year, but normally I avoid allowing others to dip their greedy fingers in our bank accounts (currently only Orange is on DD) after a bad experience with SFR some years ago who continued to take payments for many months after I cancelled and the bank said there was nothing I, or they, could do about it. :o

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

If you have assurance juridique you could ask them to give the insurance company a nudge.
"It’s easier to fool people than to prove to them that they were fooled"
"You can't say A causes B if B happens first" - Thomas Sowell

manonthemoon

Post by manonthemoon »

I called into the agency today to find out why they weren't paying for the decoders.

They had no explanation except "not available in France" so I repeated several times to look on Amazon fr and Ebay where they can be purchased. The agency phoned the department that deals with "sinistres" so I await to see if they will cough up.

On asking about a new for old policy which isn't worth having, they failed to see why I wish to cancel this part of the insurance, and refuse to listen to the reason why.

I left as one very unhappy client :evil: :evil: :evil:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Not one but yet another.

Vote with your feet.

Wont make any difference to them because thats what most do and its simply a merry go round but it will make you feel better and maybe get you in the habit of changing every time they stuff up your premiums. New clients walking through the door from another insurer get a good quote further reinforcing their anger with the last one only to see it go up 15% on renewal, not challenging it is seen as surrender and the green light to do it year on year and within 5 years your premium will have doubled, its the game they all play together with doing anything to not pay out on valid claims.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Kizpip

Post by Kizpip »

Have you read the Terms and Conditions of your policy to see what exactly is and isn't covered? If no mention of 'foreign products', they're just trying it on.
Otherwise...https://www.service-public.fr/particuli ... oits/F3050

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest »

manonthemoon wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:59 pm
I called into the agency today to find out why they weren't paying for the decoders.

They had no explanation except "not available in France" so I repeated several times to look on Amazon fr and Ebay where they can be purchased. The agency phoned the department that deals with "sinistres" so I await to see if they will cough up.

On asking about a new for old policy which isn't worth having, they failed to see why I wish to cancel this part of the insurance, and refuse to listen to the reason why.

I left as one very unhappy client :evil: :evil: :evil:
I cancelled the new for old on my home insurance because most of my old is too old to qualify and the new enough things don’t justify the extra premium. The agent did not have to listen to my reason why, he only needed to listen to my instruction to have it removed. The fact that he knew that I had a quote from another company probably helped his hearing.