Avis d'Impots

Spardo

Re: Avis d'Impots

Post by Spardo »

Had mine for weeks now, perhaps that is because it is easy for them to work out the zero :innocent:

No prelevement nonsense either.

One of many reasons to be glad to be living in France, the UK erroneously took, or at least tried to, £200 off me for last year. Still haven't got back the £100 they did take. :evil:

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Simonflys wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:05 am
Leclairon wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:33 am
We haven't received our Avis D'Impots yet - we fill in the paper return. I think we usually get it well before end of August. Are they late because of the new system this year?
Paper declarations are fine if they're your first ones as a French tax resident, or you don't have internet access, or you're unable to use the internet. It is actually a legal obligation to submit your return/s online - subject to 15€ fine for each paper declaration.

This Impots.gouv.fr page is pretty comprehensive and helpful:

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/www2 ... ligne.html

And here are the deadlines for your Avis d'Impôts Sur le Revenu

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/part ... disponible
Wouldn't you know it, ain't it always the way? - my Avis arrived in today's post! How about yours Leclairon?
If I'm legally obliged to make an onine declaration, why do I keep receiving the hard copy forms?
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Because they probably think you can't manage it as you've never attempted an online declaration (yet!) - although clearly you use the internet ;) ;) ;)

Leclairon

Post by Leclairon »

Hi CD - glad yours arrived - no, ours hasn't arrived yet.

I prefer to continue with the paper form, and it doesn't seem to be a problem for them. I just fill in the form and pay the amount due!

exile

Post by exile »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Simonflys wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:05 am
Leclairon wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:33 am
We haven't received our Avis D'Impots yet - we fill in the paper return. I think we usually get it well before end of August. Are they late because of the new system this year?
Paper declarations are fine if they're your first ones as a French tax resident, or you don't have internet access, or you're unable to use the internet. It is actually a legal obligation to submit your return/s online - subject to 15€ fine for each paper declaration.

This Impots.gouv.fr page is pretty comprehensive and helpful:

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/www2 ... ligne.html

And here are the deadlines for your Avis d'Impôts Sur le Revenu

https://www.impots.gouv.fr/portail/part ... disponible

Wouldn't you know it, ain't it always the way? - my Avis arrived in today's post! How about yours Leclairon?
If I'm legally obliged to make an onine declaration, why do I keep receiving the hard copy forms?
Syd.
I have simply declared ourselves as not competent to complete the declaration on line - which given the number of mistakes I make on this forum which are only picked up (or not) through spell checking, is probably not that far from the truth.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Ohhhhhh how I love change !! :P :P :P

If you always do what you've always done then you'll always ________ [fill in the gap] :roll: :roll: :roll:

(PS - the online tax declaration system is sooooooooo simple to use - for anyone interested that is !!)
21century.jpeg
21century.jpeg (12.95 KiB) Viewed 284 times

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Spot on Exile, the rules such as they are (which are for ignoring anyway :lol:) also say that if despite having internet access you are not en mesure to do an on line return then you may continue to submit paper returns.

Ilove your interpretation by the way, the same as mine but there is no requirement to declare it.

Simon. I prefer to continue with paper as they continue to misread my correct filled out declaration to my advantage. When people have choices and they exercise their right to choose they should not be mocked or criticised for making a different choice to the majority, it would be a boring old world if we were all the same.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”