Insurance cancellation letter

Hal

Re: Insurance cancellation letter

Post by Hal »

Simonflys wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:56 am
Hal wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:27 am
Not as simple as sending it on-line, it has to go through a third party to ensure it is delivered. 2.5€.
That's rubbish - see above. And....don't be so nasty about the French and the French way of doing things - unnecessary. La Poste online services is pretty cool actually - loads of things you can do online - from printing your own stamps, having packages / letters collected from your postbox, send LRAR - or normal ones - in fact loads of things 24/7. Do you live in France @Hal ??
Here we go. Another one.

Just so as others might want to know, the on-line La Poste service for sending 'recommandee electronique' is exactly the same as AR24. Except it charges more.

Where I live is absolutely no concern of yours.

I am not criticising LaPoste. I am criticising the archaic way French insurance works. I merely pointed out that a 'letter recommandee electronique' has to go through a third party. So that you completely understand, LRAR and AR24 are both third parties - ie, they deliver the electronic letter rather than the initiator sending it direct...

Hal

Post by Hal »

Lemorvan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:03 pm
Can't you just stop paying the insurance company? Why the need to write to them? I've never done so.
Not in France.

The norm you might think is to just stop paying and the insurance is nulled just like any other service. But in France the default is that once you have insurance it carries on forever and non-payment is an 'offence' (not sure what level though!). To cancel insurance in France one must send a letter three months before renewal is due...

They are beginning to align themselves with normal practice and in many cases they do not insist on the three month mallarky. But they can and it becomes a complete nightmare as the policy technically has to be paid for another year.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

I've never sent a letter or communicated in any way with the two previous insurance companies I've used. Simply moved on.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thanks for revealing the site AR24 Hal :good:

I prefer €2.50 to €6.05 with La Poste, that really is a whoa!!!!
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Hal

Post by Hal »

OK, but be careful - the 2.50 is for something ridiculous like a five line email! The last time I used it I included a sizeable attachment and they managed to get 12€ out of me :D

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Hal wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:27 am
France is the one country - maybe there are others - who cannot grasp the fact that electronique communication does not go astray. It is the people who operate it are astray. I have had any number of organisations who say my 'mail was not received'. It is their catch-all to support their laziness.

You might be lucky though and have a normail email acknowledged. This is France after all :roll:
Clearly you're criticising France and the French - hence the question about where you live - I don't want your address, just the country will do.... ;) ;) ;)

I'm about to do a comparison between AR24 and La Poste - I'll get back. ;) (Edit: no need to - see below :D )
Last edited by Simonflys on Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys »

Hal wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:44 pm
OK, but be careful - the 2.50 is for something ridiculous like a five line email! The last time I used it I included a sizeable attachment and they managed to get 12€ out of me :D
Whoaaaa @LD - that's a bugger ;) :lol: ;) :lol:

Hal

Post by Hal »

Lemorvan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:24 pm
I've never sent a letter or communicated in any way with the two previous insurance companies I've used. Simply moved on.
Good! As I say it is gradually getting better and the more people who do as you, will go a long way in killing of the norm. It's just in my case, any time I kick the norm something comes back to bite me :lol:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

:D :D
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

Spardo

Post by Spardo »

Lemorvan wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:03 pm
Can't you just stop paying the insurance company? Why the need to write to them? I've never done so.
Have you ever done that, in France? If so why are you still at liberty? :o

I was once threatened with bailiffs even though I had done all the right things and could prove without a shadow of doubt that the insurance company concerned had acknowledged it.

BTW Hal, the 3 month rule was changed years ago when the state realised how unfair it was to have to accept or refuse before you even had the quote. Then it became 15 days I think after the renewal notice.

I will have a look at the La Poste website, Simonflys, but one thought that occurs is I may fall foul of the new online payment rules. Perhaps not though, as our bank account is with them. :)

Edit, because I have seen the cost, about the same as if I go to the post office and, as I have to go there tomorrow morning anyway to pay in a cheque, may as well do it that way. Also, as it is an 'agence' office there is never a queue and the little lady there does absolutely everything for me. :| :)