Sending and receiving Orange emails on iPad’s ‘Mail’

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Coldonat

Sending and receiving Orange emails on iPad’s ‘Mail’

Post by Coldonat »

I’ve just bought an iPad to replace my aging M’soft laptop, and although I can receive Orange emails I haven’t succeeded in sending one. Mail keeps asking for a password for the outgoing SMTP server, and I really can’t remember ever generating one (I do make a note of these things).

Does anyone know a work-around for this?

I’m looking to replace Thunderbird with a suitable iOS email client, but I’m guessing that I’ll hit the same problem after I’ve downloaded one, and because download speed here is measured in kb rather than mb it’s not a luxury I want to indulge in.

DominicBest

Re: Sending and receiving Orange emails on iPad’s ‘Mail’

Post by DominicBest »

On my iPad the outgoing mail server is smpt@orange.fr but it does not require a password.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Ditto DB.

This might help too Coldonat. https://assistance.orange.fr/mobile-tab ... 068-746181

Coldonat

Post by Coldonat »

Thanks for the replies, and the link. At a glance it might be that I've been going at it the wrong way.

Since I bought the iPad we've had family here - it's taken me a week to start this thread (other demands on my time!) - so it might be a while but I will report back.

Thanks again.

Archy

Post by Archy »

Coldonat wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 am
Thanks for the replies, and the link. At a glance it might be that I've been going at it the wrong way.

Since I bought the iPad we've had family here - it's taken me a week to start this thread (other demands on my time!) - so it might be a while but I will report back.

Thanks again.
I'm not at all techy so don't know if it's the same procedure as I don't have an iPad just an imac and I did struggle a little! When setting it up last week I had to not only sign in with my imac id and p/w but also with my icloud id and password. Now that it's set up I just go straight in once signed onto my imac and can do everything that I could do via Orange. Mrs A.

Coldonat

Post by Coldonat »

Having at last had half an hour to myself with this, did as instructed in After the Storms' link, but got nowhere - can receive but not send. I'll give Archy's method a trial next.

Dominic - mine says that a password isn't necessary, but still won't play. I do like a challenge though.

I downloaded the "Users' Guide" - 718 pages - useful bedtime reading.

We've got more family coming next week, so it's on the back burner again.

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Okay, ignoring setting up the mail option just now, have you just opened up Orange using safari or which ever browser you have chosen, logged into your account just as you would before on a pc and then sent an email okay?