Problem accessing Orange emails

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Archy

Problem accessing Orange emails

Post by Archy »

Can anyone help please. I can access the internet & websites no problem (safari 12.1.2) but this week I've had difficulty getting into my Orange account emails - I can sign in to my Orange account but when trying to access emails all I get is pulsating orange spots. I've had two chats with Orange and yesterday I was told to reinitialise safari which so far I haven't done. I discovered yesterday if I sign in to my Orange account then sign into emails, click back on orange on my favourites line, go into contacts via the little box of squares top right hand side of the screen, click on emails I can then open up the email account - a bit of a fag having to this way around to get to emails.

Before I start reinitialising safari can anyone suggest what the problem might be or anything else I could try. Mrs A.

ajm

Re: Problem accessing Orange emails

Post by ajm »

We are having the same problem. Sometimes we get connected straight away and other times have to try several times. It has only started recently since the introduction of the flashing dots. I don't think it is a Safari issue as I have the same problem on the laptop which is Internet Explorer. No problems on the smartphone.
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

Archy

Post by Archy »

ajm wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:48 pm
We are having the same problem. Sometimes we get connected straight away and other times have to try several times. It has only started recently since the introduction of the flashing dots. I don't think it is a Safari issue as I have the same problem on the laptop which is Internet Explorer. No problems on the smartphone.

I agree with you as I'm sure it's not a Safari issue as I can get into my Orange account and anywhere else it just stalls at trying to access emails and yet I can eventually access via going through the contacts screen - bizarre!

Archy

Post by Archy »

Well I've got around the Orange problem by setting it up on my iCloud account. Straight in no problem so what it is with the Orange screen I've no idea. Mrs A

ajm

Post by ajm »

Access to my Orange emails is now back to normal - I assume enough people complained to Orange that they sorted it
If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. Mae West.

Archy

Post by Archy »

ajm wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:19 am
Access to my Orange emails is now back to normal - I assume enough people complained to Orange that they sorted it
Yep back to normal today having lost all connection ie no phone line, no internet since Tuesday - nightmare!