Leaving France, what to do re Impot

Jaques

Leaving France, what to do re Impot

Post by Jaques »

What needs to be done re re impot and a siret number when leaving the country?

Office impot inform me to send a letter, surely the must be more than that?

TriciaF

Re: Leaving France, what to do re Impot

Post by TriciaF »

Which impots do you mean?
I wrote to our local service d'impots which deals with general income tax, also taxes Hab. and Fonc.
Gave them the date of leaving France. and they appreciate it if you give a forwarding address in the UK or wherever. Not everyone does .
I don't know about siret or other things to do with work, though I should think your 'union' caisse will want the same info.

Jaques

Post by Jaques »

Thanks

I mean just the office impot, I want to make sure My taxes are in order before I leave. I wanted to give them bank details to take next years money, I assume I will make a final declaration next year

Informed chambre de met re my business

v12mike

Post by v12mike »

When we left France we waited until the next tax return was due, then submitted a null return with a note stating the date that we have left France.

TriciaF

Post by TriciaF »

We left at the end of Feb. last year, and had to pay another year's amount of Tax ?Fonc. We had already closed our french bank account so it was a bit complicated. I emailed them and they gave me the details to pay by transferring sterling to euros.
For income tax, we were sent a form and just filled in income for Jan. and Feb. With a covering note, as our forwarding address had changed several times. Never heard anything since then.
I'm by nature and upbringing an honest person, but was especially careful on this, because our nearest neighbour in France, an englishman, had gone bankrupt while there and disappeared without trace. Leaving multiple debts to french organisations. Not to mention serious family problems.
I was sorry for him, it can easily happen, but it got a bad reputation for les anglais in the commune.
ps sorry to sound patronising about him, but he was an unpleasant character in other ways. A violent man.