Cordless trio phone set.

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Nomoss

Re: Cordless trio phone set.

Post by Nomoss »

I noticed a few days ago that, on the handset by my bed, the left hand bar of the charge indicator was blinking, even though it had not been used for a day or two, and should have been fully charged.

On the assumption that this was an indication that the charge monitoring system was in error, I removed the batteries, replaced them after a couple of minutes, upon which the handset showed full charge.

So I went through the "new battery" procedure, as described above. The handset has now charged up again and showing steady full charge.

I found the same had happened to another handset, so did the same with that, with a similar outcome.

I'm quite happy that I might have saved a fair amount previously spent on new batteries.

P.S. I know they are dry cells, but everyone calls them "batteries", except countries where they are called "piles", which comes from Sig. Volta's voltaic pile, which was actually a battery, as it consisted of a stack, or pile, of cells :D

Charentais

Post by Charentais »

Our Panasonic set of three handsets has done us well over many years, is very good in reaching distant parts of the property!

AmandaJ

Post by AmandaJ »

We've got a Panasonic set too, it works well.

Tom

Post by Tom »

:good: We have had a Gigaset Trio AS405A for many years and it has always behaved impeccably.
God in his wisdom made the fly
And then forgot to tell us why.
—Ogden Nash

Doug

Post by Doug »

Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 am
:good: We have had a Gigaset Trio AS405A for many years and it has always behaved impeccably.
Same here, but when away on hols always take the handset out of charger, unplug the three chargers, as with all electrics, the batteries run down and recharges when put back in, never a problem

Fitter

Post by Fitter »

Doug wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:23 am
Tom wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:09 am
Same here, but when away on hols always take the handset out of charger, unplug the three chargers, as with all electrics, the batteries run down and recharges when put back in, never a problem
You can switch the handsets off by pressing and holding the right hand red end call button. The display will go blank. To switch back on again reverse the procedure. No need then to re-charge the handset after your holiday.
“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.” ― Mark Twain

ANOther

Post by ANOther »

I had a Siemens Gigaset which was pants, I replaced it with Panasonic and the difference was chalk and cheese.

Although the Siemens set still worked (and I use the term loosely) it was such crap that I didn't have the nerve to try and sell it so it went to the dump.
Brexit: ‘taking back’ what we had never lost in order to lose everything we had...

Coldonat

Post by Coldonat »

We've had a Gigaset for longer than I can remember, never had a problem with it, still works perfectly.