Water shortage - you cannot be serious.

TriciaF

Re: Water shortage - you cannot be serious.

Post by TriciaF »

" L'enneigement des Pyrénées sera en déclin. «L'épaisseur de la neige diminuera de moitié à 1 800 m, en moyenne on comptera plus d'un mois de neige en moins», souligne-t-il. Gérard Largier, directeur du conservatoire botanique national des Pyrénées,"
Copied from this article in today's la Depeche:
https://www.ladepeche.fr/2019/07/24/rec ... 328572.php

CRAZY DIAMOND

Post by CRAZY DIAMOND »

Simonflys wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm
Emmmmmm actually, these days, many farmers and golf courses now have massive underground rain storage tanks for watering purposes.
Like Vic/why me? I have a problem getting a definitive reply from M. Flys regarding his statement above, particularly the bit "many farmers" who "now have massive underground rain storage tanks .....". I've tried asking my friend Google, but found nothing, so can he please give me some actual examples of farms with these storage tanks in place?
It seems perfectly reasonable to me for Vic/why me? to insist on a reply to a valid question. Dunno what the fuss is about. This Flys person isn't really Teapot, is he?
Syd.
There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need, but not for man’s greed.
Mahatma Gandhi.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Teapot?
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

whyme?

Post by whyme? »

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:23 pm
Simonflys wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:00 pm
Emmmmmm actually, these days, many farmers and golf courses now have massive underground rain storage tanks for watering purposes.
Like Vic/why me? I have a problem getting a definitive reply from M. Flys regarding his statement above, particularly the bit "many farmers" who "now have massive underground rain storage tanks .....". I've tried asking my friend Google, but found nothing, so can he please give me some actual examples of farms with these storage tanks in place?
It seems perfectly reasonable to me for Vic/why me? to insist on a reply to a valid question. Dunno what the fuss is about. This Flys person isn't really Teapot, is he?
Syd.
Syd..
That's Mr Flys' MO. Make a statement as if it's fact then go all girly when called out. I've been there many times before & never really expect anything other than obfuscation & false indignation.
The fuss is being made by others with some strange sort of agenda trying to score cheap points off the back of my reasonable questions. I don't lose any sleep over this sort of thing.
This 'Flys person' is not Teapot (that's Anthony) but same meat, different gravy if you get me drift. ;)

ajm

Post by ajm »

I bet why me? and Mr. Fly would make really good neighbours ;)
"If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."Mae West.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

ajm wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:50 pm
I bet why me? and Mr. Fly would make really good neighbours ;)
The Odd couple ;)
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen