storm takes out sat. receiver boxes

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Annabelle's Papa

Re: storm takes out sat. receiver boxes

Post by Annabelle's Papa » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am

v12mike wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 am
So if you are mainly watching UK TV, I would recommend that you get a UK Freesat box.
[/quote,

I agree with Mike, go for a UK sourced Humax Freesat box, not only will ensure you will get UK tv but you will understand the layout.

I thought I was being clever and bought a UK sourced Goodmans Freesat box, could not get on with the layout, a bit like moving from a Samsung phone to a Iphone.

This like the last Humax box I bought from Amazon UK and some suppliers will deliver to France.

(the picture of the box is there if you click on it)

Good luck !
The truth is everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for. Bob Marley

Simonflys

Post by Simonflys » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:56 am

I appreciate not everyone has stable fast internet but satellite dishes are sooooooo last century - especially 2m ones, hell that must be like a bloody relay station. I have a mate who's concreted one into his garden and surrounded it with 'attractive' bamboo fencing (was going to be pampas grass!!) which only results in people asking him ''what's behind the bamboo?'' - what a mess! :roll:
I Never Did Mind About The Little Things.....
https://youtu.be/OSQR_GpCtEo

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:13 am

I guess it depends where in France you are located. I mounted my (more than adequate) 60cm dish on a short post in the garden, painted olive green. Doesn't offend the eye until the bird poo builds up a bit. Benefits are that I can readjust the alignment or change the LNB without a ladder, and it is not visible from the road so passers by can't see it and deduce by the direction it faces that I am a Rosbif.
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady » Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:22 am

Annabelle's Papa wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:51 am
v12mike wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:52 am
So if you are mainly watching UK TV, I would recommend that you get a UK Freesat box.
[/quote,

I agree with Mike, go for a UK sourced Humax Freesat box, not only will ensure you will get UK tv but you will understand the layout.

I thought I was being clever and bought a UK sourced Goodmans Freesat box, could not get on with the layout, a bit like moving from a Samsung phone to a Iphone.

This like the last Humax box I bought from Amazon UK and some suppliers will deliver to France.

(the picture of the box is there if you click on it)

Good luck !
That's funny, when I clicked on the link, my amazon account came up. I couldn't find the picture of the Humax, but OH ordered one last night and 2 ord freesat boxes - not sure what make, but recommended. Many thanks.