Do you ever change energy providers?

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Debra

Re: Do you ever change energy providers?

Post by Debra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:13 am

Hmmm.

I queried what I'd been told and this is the reply I got. Waddya reckon?

'Direct Énergie est en effet un peu moins cher sur les tarifs réglementés.
Or, avec ENI, vous sortez de la réglementation et ne serez pas impactée par les 35% prévus par la commission de régulation de l'énergie (chiffres du Sénat).
Donc, si on fait le rapport, c'est presque 30% économisés sur les 3 prochaines années car vos prix sont bloqués, ce qui n'est pas le cas chez Direct Énergie.'

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:57 am

Not sure exactly what you're reading/referring to, Debra, but I've just compared my current Directe Energie charges with the equivalent ENI. The difference is marginal, but I'm sticking with DE!

For 12kVA, all figures TTC
DE - abonnement mensuel 11€96 (143€52/an) ; kWh 0€1422
ENI - abonnement mensuel 13€01 (156€12) ; kWh 0€14719

Having said that, in going looking for the actual charges, I saw that I had the option of switching from the tarrif classique (-5%) to web-only tarrif (-10%) ... so I've clicked the button and will hopefully enjoy the benefits of that from my next mensualité onwards.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:05 pm

Sounds like you have been had Debra :(

They might be correct but I cannot see how anyone can know what price increases might be over the next 3 years, there might be wars, earthquakes, energy trade embargos etc.

The biggest worry for me is that they are not reglementée, they can spout whatever rubbish they like and then stick their prices up much higher than the reglemented energy suppliers.

I am also very concerned that the person who (mis)sold to you pretended to be from EDF or ERDF, I get dozens of scam calls a week from these types but they have yet to Knock on my door, cant wait for the day though.

One other thing, when the energy market was opened up to competition what stopped most people myself included from switching was that if you switched to a non reglemented company, and at the time none were, you could never go back to the state reglemented tariff, all the offers then seemed like a sprat to catch a mackeral scams until Direct Energie and the other reglementé ones.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:35 pm

I have just recieved my bilan annuel plus the échéancier for next year on all my accounts.

The direct debit payments were correct and not inflated and were based on the year befores consumption, I knew that one was exceptionally high that year and that I have since made some economies and better insulation.

I was pleased to see that the annaul consumption has come down and they are reimbursing me €291 on one account, €85 on another and €41 on another, they refund the money immediately and next years prélèvements are reduced accordingly.

They have also given me a bilan of my economies which are -8% from the EDF tariff plus my primes de parrainage which are for me joining and for me parraining 2 others.

€85, €41 and €126 saved on the electricity price plus €100 primes de parrainage.

I would have been happy to not make any saving because compared to EDF they are an excellent company to deal with.

CR I will look to see if I can save an extra 2% butI think that might be for gas and electric and I have no gas.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:41 pm

Hmm, I am on the tarif l'offre online and my discount for last year was the 8% that I signed up for, their grille tarifaire shows 10%, maybe the discount is greater this year, I hope its not just for new customers.

Mike
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Moderators thread for all off topic posts

Post by Mike » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:14 pm

Why on nearly every post I have read on here is everyone doing Del Boy impressions. :roll:

Mike

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:17 pm

Because you are seeing what you want to.

Cant imagine Debra as a Del boy.

jsks

Post by jsks » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:18 pm

Mike wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:14 pm
Why on nearly every post I have read on here is everyone doing Del Boy impressions. :roll:

Mike
Dunno Dave.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Someone spoke earlier about chnaging banks etc becoming easier, I have just changed to my 4th bank since moving to France, I will not accept banks that either lose or steal my money and that are insouciant and think I should just suck it up, never had to change banks in 40 years of UK banking.

Dont know if the new one is going to be any better, there are very few left in town, 2 more fell by the wayside by cancelling appointments or not wanting to know, I had €50K to transfer and €6K of cheques in my pocket and it still took over a month and I had to create merry hell with the final bank when they too did nothing, unbelievable.

The only positive note is that there is a new system and the new bank has to take care of the transfer of prélèvements etc and that worked seamlessly, the other shocking thing that I still cannot believe is that I cab finally choose my own PIN number like I have been doing for 40 years in the UK, no more blocked cards and €5 or €10 payments to get them re-instated.

The bank does however take just under 4 weeks to credit cheques to my account.

mauve

Post by mauve » Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:46 am

Hi

Is anyone here with Mint Energie and would like me to use their referral code?

Thanks