Do you ever change energy providers?

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Kathyc

Re: Do you ever change energy providers?

Post by Kathyc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:08 pm

Debra wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 pm
It was a GRDF guy that came round, Kathyc, and he said a recent change meant the supplier, ENI, could now supply direct. I had to have over 16000kwh per year usage to get this deal (and I did, just). I googled them and their site is here https://fr.eni.com/particuliers/
Thanks for that - I'll look into it.

CelticRambler

Post by CelticRambler » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 pm

Chancer wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm
If you join at the moment get CR to parraine you as you will get a refund cheque for €20 and he will get twice that (special deal for the next couple of months) once you tell your French friends how easy it was and how much you have saved they in turn will wantyou to parrain them.

If for any reason you dont wish to be parrained by CR I will happily do it but he is more deserved of the introduction bonus than I am.
:lol: Thank you for your altruism, Chancer!

My parrainage is available to anyone who wants it (didn't know there was a special offer on at the moment, but that's fine by me!) I've cleared space in my Inbox for all your requests. :D

Debra

Post by Debra » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:56 am

Chancer wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm
Debra, I looked at our link and as an Electricity only user (no gas) it seems the the discount for me would be - 8% less than the EDF tarif which is what I currently enjot from Direct Energie and not 8% less than the Direct Energie price, are you sure you have that right?
I have gas for central heating and cooking and he was selling the deal from the gas angle so I'm not sure what would happen if you don't have gas. Maybe give them a ring?

south_bound
Has thanked: 0

Post by south_bound » Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:03 pm

Just had a look at Direct Energie, thanks for the information. I ran the simulator for combined gas and electricity which stated I would save nearly 100€ per year, -10% per year which is great...BUT...100€ is only about 6.5% based on my bills so not as good as it sounds. I wonder if their rate per kWh is 10% lower than EDF/GDF but by the time you add the standing charge and various taxes/supplements it cancels some of the saving - anyone done the comparison and can confirm? In any case, 100€ is 100€ so I will be signing up (and will contact CelticRambler for the parainage code) if it really is as easy as it says and won't leave me without heat or lights.

SW31girl

Post by SW31girl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:27 pm

Yes, we just changed our gas provider and knocked a third off the price per ton we’re normally charged by Antargaz. It’s been a bit of hassle as the tanks have to change as well. For the last month we’ve had a primagas tank connected to our old suppliers tank with a piece of copper tubing. On Tuesday a contractor will take out the old tank and move the new tank in place. Antargaz came back with an even lower price but it was only for two years and then we would be locked into a slightly reduced market rate for another three years - given Antargaz price hikes it was a non starter, plus they always delivered when the price had just increased!
We used Optibudget, who broker prices on a number of utilities, but I understand this is a growing market with more third parties out there now negotiating prices. We pay a small monthly fee but have locked into a three year fixed price. After this period ends I would now do the same again if the figures stack up. I understand that optibudget will be looking to negotiate the price for pellets next which a friend is interested in.
These users thanked the author SW31girl for the post:
PatF (Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:26 pm)

In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this - Terry Pratchett

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:01 pm

south_bound wrote:
Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:03 pm
I will be signing up (and will contact CelticRambler for the parainage code) if it really is as easy as it says and won't leave me without heat or lights.
Its a really pain free seamless transition, you will be impressed, it will leave you with the same feeling that this forum does, = why on earth did I put up with all the hoop jumping and rubbish before and accept that it was either normal or unavoidable!

FastWestie
Been thanked: 0

Post by FastWestie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:04 am

Be careful when comparing as a lot of the figures you quote are based on estimates. If you want to switch multiple the amount of units you have used by the tariffs of your current provider and new one to work out the difference in cost.
I use Direct Energie too and I am happy with them.

FastWestie
Been thanked: 0

Post by FastWestie » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 am

Debra wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 pm
I changed from EDF to Direct Energie years ago, when we were first allowed to. I've just signed up to cut the middle man out get it direct from the suppliser, which will give me a 20% discount on Direct Energie prices for both electricity and gas (which were already 10% below EDF) and the price is guaranteed not to rise for three years.
Just checked them out and they are more than Direct Energie

Debra

Post by Debra » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:06 am

FastWestie wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:13 am
Debra wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 pm
I changed from EDF to Direct Energie years ago, when we were first allowed to. I've just signed up to cut the middle man out get it direct from the suppliser, which will give me a 20% discount on Direct Energie prices for both electricity and gas (which were already 10% below EDF) and the price is guaranteed not to rise for three years.
Just checked them out and they are more than Direct Energie
It's supposed to be 20% less but you've got me wondering now :)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:34 am

They were more expensive when I checked also. That you received the attention of a démarcheur is a big warning flag imo