Do you ever change energy providers?

Water, electricity, gas etc.
After the Storm

Do you ever change energy providers?

Post by After the Storm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:27 am

We never have, have others found changing their utility supplier to be worthwhile doing?
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

CelticRambler

Re: Do you ever change energy providers?

Post by CelticRambler » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:33 am

Yes! Saw an immediate drop in my bill and improvement in "service client" by switching from EdF to Direct Energie. Also saved a bit more by recommending others - let me know if you want an introductory referral and discount! :D

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:53 am

Will let you know CR, given that we are talking about more than one place that could work out ok for you :P I admit that we tend not to even compare insurance policies when they come up for renewal so clearly have missed out re energy provider. Always thought that it would be a hassle changing so avoided it.
In the parallel universe inhabited by Brexiteers rationality and logic are increasingly inverted if not outright subverted.

yello
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by yello » Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:34 am

Ime, changing suppliers/banks/insurances has become easier in my time in France (10 years)

I remember, some years back, getting a near abusive call from the insurance agent because I dared to change our car insurance. Cultural difference perhaps, but I was in the habit of ringing around - spot checking even - deals offered by other companies at renewal time.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:33 am

I've just changed from EDF to Direct Energie and my monthly payment went down from 62 to 53 euros (plus 20 euros welcome gift) so well pleased so far.

Having already changed my insurances to MAAF, I've only got the swap from Orange to Sosh and opening an internet bank account on my to do list next week. That'll be me 70 euros per month better off - just wish I could do something about the water!

Debra

Post by Debra » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 pm

I changed from EDF to Direct Energie years ago, when we were first allowed to. I've just signed up to cut the middle man out get it direct from the suppliser, which will give me a 20% discount on Direct Energie prices for both electricity and gas (which were already 10% below EDF) and the price is guaranteed not to rise for three years.

Kathyc

Post by Kathyc » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:37 pm

Debra wrote:
Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:13 pm
I changed from EDF to Direct Energie years ago, when we were first allowed to. I've just signed up to cut the middle man out get it direct from the suppliser, which will give me a 20% discount on Direct Energie prices for both electricity and gas (which were already 10% below EDF) and the price is guaranteed not to rise for three years.
Do you have a link for that, please? :)

yello
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by yello » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:40 pm

I've just looked at Direct Energie's web site and after typing in my point of delivery number, they quoted a saving of €21pa over EDF. My finger's hovering over the 'apply' button.

Debra

Post by Debra » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:48 pm

It was a GRDF guy that came round, Kathyc, and he said a recent change meant the supplier, ENI, could now supply direct. I had to have over 16000kwh per year usage to get this deal (and I did, just). I googled them and their site is here https://fr.eni.com/particuliers/

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:00 pm

+1 for Direct Energie, I have all my contracts with them, their customer service is excellent, the web portal easy to use although a bit complicated for me with multiple contracts, what I really like is they are very precise in their estimations, dont make you pay loads more monthly than you use averaged over the year and they are very prompt to readjust the prélèvements and refund if the consumption drops as happened with one of my apartments, so so different to EDF.

If you join at the moment get CR to parraine you as you will get a refund cheque for €20 and he will get twice that (special deal for the next couple of months) once you tell your French friends how easy it was and how much you have saved they in turn will wantyou to parrain them.

If for any reason you dont wish to be parrained by CR I will happily do it but he is more deserved of the introduction bonus than I am.

Debra, I looked at our link and as an Electricity only user (no gas) it seems the the discount for me would be - 8% less than the EDF tarif which is what I currently enjot from Direct Energie and not 8% less than the Direct Energie price, are you sure you have that right?

If you do could you ask them what deal I would get with multiple electricity accounts that collectively comfortably exceed the 16000 kwh figure you quote.