Prélèvement à la source

Tom

Re: Prélèvement à la source

Post by Tom » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

I like to keep a paper record of our tax declarations but this year the only form the impôts sent was a bare 2042K. Even that had section 7 missing (perhaps on purpose because it's where you claim tax credits!)

Had to endure a two minute video of their upcoming PAYE system before being able to access my personal space to enable me to print out two pages of 2042 RICI to claim our tax credits, then four pages of 2047 to declare foreign earnings and finally two pages of 3916 to declare foreign bank accounts.

:twisted: I bet the purveyors of print cartridges are happy.
Candy is dandy
But liquor is quicker

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:06 pm

They sent me the forms in seperate envelopes a week or so apart so as to maximise the postal expenditure/keep La Poste afloat.

They even sent me forms that I have never filled in before and have no intention of starting voluntarily.

elsie

Post by elsie » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:41 pm

Tom wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm
I like to keep a paper record of our tax declarations but this year the only form the impôts sent was a bare 2042K. Even that had section 7 missing (perhaps on purpose because it's where you claim tax credits!)

Had to endure a two minute video of their upcoming PAYE system before being able to access my personal space to enable me to print out two pages of 2042 RICI to claim our tax credits, then four pages of 2047 to declare foreign earnings and finally two pages of 3916 to declare foreign bank accounts.

Why not just save the completed online pages as PDF - at least you won't have any errors in transferring from screen to paper? In the last few years the printed forms have been so different from the online version anyway. They don't know which taxes you might be liable for or credits you might want to claim so I suspect they just send the basic version unless you have needed to fuller forms for several years.

For 2019 they say they are going to require all those with an adequate internet connection to complete online rather than the above 15000€ limit this year. I wonder whether they will continue to send out forms at all and just leave it to those without adequate internet access to request them from the tax office?

Joinfrance

Post by Joinfrance » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Getting slightly twitchy because I haven’t had anything as yet. I normally get the U.K. forms and the French ones on the same day, but had the U.K. ones a week or more ago. None of my neighbours have had them either, though the rest of the village have...

Zak

Post by Zak » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:12 pm

elsie wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:30 pm
Zak - Did you complete form 2047 (foreign revenue) as well as form 2042?
In previous years I they didn't calculate the tax immediately if 2047 was involved (or perhaps it was just for some fields on 2047?)
Yes, both forms completed.

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Tom wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:18 pm

I do mine online. No hassle, less work and certainly no printer ink.