French govt contribution toward a heat exchanger.

Water, electricity, gas etc.
Crazy Diamond

French govt contribution toward a heat exchanger.

Post by Crazy Diamond » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:35 pm

Assuming I've read things correctly, the latest offer from the French government is a contribution of up to €10,000 toward the installation of a heat exchanger (pompes à chaleur) set-up. Our existing oil-fired CH system works fine, but I am worried about the ever increasing (well almost, over the years there have been a couple of reductions) price of fioul. In addition, as our system using a Chauffage Francais boiler, was installed in 2005, so it can only be a matter of time before major replacements become necessary.
Bearing this in mind I am interested in finding out more of what those lovely folk from the government are offering, but like most things, I don't know a lot about heat exchangers/pompes à chaleur and would welcome input from some out there who do. Yes Vic, amongst others, it's you I'm looking at!
We have a large two bedroom house with two reception rooms and I would appreciate knowing the approximate cost of a complete heat exchanger installation. I do appreciate this would only be a guesstimate. It has to be more than ten thou, so it'd be good to have an idea of how much we'd need to pay in addition to this figure, assuming of course we'd qualify for the maximum. Also, and this may seem stupid, but does such a system provide heat via radiators? The reason I ask is that on the Transition Energétique site it shows a picture of rads. If it does, can our existing rads be utilised as we rather like them? Am I right in thinking the system will provide heat in the winter and cool things down in the summer?
Any info, especially from somebody who has applied for a grant, would be greatly appreciated.

Syd.
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

elsie

Re: French govt contribution toward a heat exchanger.

Post by elsie » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:10 pm

The amount of subvention depends on your revenue fiscale for 2016 and what you want to install. For a couple, the bands are up to 21630, between 21630 and 27,729, and over 27,729€. For the highest revenue band the subvention is only about 4000€ for a pompe à chaleur.

There are various simulators at https://www.quelleenergie.fr/simulateurs including one which recommends the best heating for your property and the likely annual savings and another which will calculate you subvention.

vic evans
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by vic evans » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:30 pm

I can help when more precise information is available but at the moment would offer the following :-
Everything will depend on the temperature & volume (quantity) of the water any pac will put out & of course what outside temperature this happens at.
Dependant on the above your existing rads, if presently oversized or extra insulation added since installed , 'may' be OK but doubtfull as they should have been sized for an average water temp. of about 75 deg C when the pac water temp. will be lower. If extra rads are required to compensate for the lower temp. this is usually possible dependant on pipework configuration.
Cooling using rads will not work as condensation will form on them.
I've no idea of costs.
These users thanked the author vic evans for the post:
Crazy Diamond (Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 am)

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:01 pm

FWIW, remember that PACs run on electricity. That's going up too. And you need some form of back-up in the event of power cuts.
If the subvention works in the same way as the last offer, it only applies to a percentage of the cost of the PAC itself. No installation or associated equipment costs are included.
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

bluebird

Post by bluebird » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm

If they are giving anything away you can be sure that 99.9% of folk wont qualify and those that do will have to jump through many hoops to collect their contribution.
These users thanked the author bluebird for the post:
Aardvark (Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:55 pm)

Noisette

Post by Noisette » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:38 pm

It's more a case of the headline figure not working out to be anything like publicised. To be fair (at least to Sarko's government) even non-French-tax -payers were reimbursed by a cheque, eventually. I'm not sure I'd trust this current shower to honour anything, though.
Be alert.....your country needs lerts!

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:24 am

bluebird wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm
If they are giving anything away you can be sure that 99.9% of folk wont qualify and those that do will have to jump through many hoops to collect their contribution.
That hasn't been the case regarding loft insulation, unless we're one of the 0.1% of folk. Our roof insulation was carried out in short-ish order once I'd completed and returned the forms. Didn't have to jump through any hoops. What makes you so sure the grant toward a PAC set up wil be so difficult?
Syd.

Sizewell

Post by Sizewell » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:44 pm

We are having a Pompe a Chaleur installed in a few months time.
We also currently have oil-fired CH system which will be removed at the time of installation. The PAC will work with our radiators. The cost of the PAC is €11000 for our 145m² house. You can get aid from Anah (Agence nationale de l'habit). Dependent on your tax.
They will give a prime of 35% on the HT price of the PAC + CEE (Certificat Economie Energie) of 10% on the HT price of the PAC. You will also qualify for 30% tax impot.
To pay for it you can get an Eco pret taux zero loan over 10 years (Completely interest free loan).
These users thanked the author Sizewell for the post (total 2):
Tom (Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:55 pm) • Crazy Diamond (Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:20 am)

bluebird

Post by bluebird » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:24 am
bluebird wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:27 pm
That hasn't been the case regarding loft insulation, unless we're one of the 0.1% of folk. Our roof insulation was carried out in short-ish order once I'd completed and returned the forms. Didn't have to jump through any hoops. What makes you so sure the grant toward a PAC set up wil be so difficult?
Syd.
That's good. Well done :good:

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:03 pm

Thanks to all of you who gave me positive, informative input. I've decided to check out things with Pacte Energie (?) to see what they come up with. Stay tooned.
Bon weekend,
Syd.