How do I

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Mangetout

How do I

Post by Mangetout »

How do I post a photo from my gallery. Each time I try it says the file is too large. Can I reduce it somehow? Working on a samsung tablet. Thanks.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Re: How do I

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Decrease its KB/MB size by using shrinkpictures.com, save the decreased photo and post that one.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:46 pm
Decrease its KB/MB size by using shrinkpictures.com, save the decreased photo and post that one.
Thanks, I'll give it a go.

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

I use Imgur.
Once signed in & running you have your own gallery where you can store pics & send anywhere by simply clicking on image link.
It's free & simple which is why I use it.

FrenchForumSurvivor

vic evans wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:56 pm
I use Imgur.
Once signed in & running you have your own gallery where you can store pics & send anywhere by simply clicking on image link.
It's free & simple which is why I use it.
Seems like a good reason to use it, Vic. https://imgur.com/
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

exile

Post by exile »

By all means use external apps but resizing is straightforward inside W10 - once you know the well kept secret.

Go to your files and click on the picture you want to re-size. Click once not twice since clicking twice will open it with an edit function that is as much use as a chocolate fireguard for these purposes.

Now select the edit button on the main menu.

This will re-open the picture in "paint" and this has a re-size button. Save the edited version and load this.

For the life of me I do not understand why MS make a simple job so F'g difficult and hide how to do it, but there you go.

FrenchForumSurvivor

exile wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:15 pm
By all means use external apps but resizing is straightforward inside W10 - once you know the well kept secret.
IF you're using W10, maybe it's as straightforward as you say (though the explanation seems less straightforward than using imgur, or perhaps just as straightforward), but I'm still using W7 and don't want to change.

Ally

Post by Ally »

MS?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I am W7 also, despite taking pictures with a 14 year old digital camera on a low resolution setting they are still too big for this forum, I see the recommendations for Imgur but they dont say how or if the photos can be resized.

ATS & Mysty are always posting photos, I'm guessing straight from their phones, busy people that they are I cant see them going through all the faff of resizing and/or using a 3rd party site so what is their secret?

If more contributors were able to post photos (knew how to overcome their difficulties) it would make for a better site.

exile

Post by exile »

Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 10:23 pm
MS?
MicroS... - add your own letters. I have seen 3 letter synonyms for "often" and for a "blow" but others are possible.
Last edited by exile on Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.