Are you in the 20%?

alittlebitmorefrench

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

vic evans wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:34 pm
alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 pm

I googled 'only for genius eskimo boots'. That took 0.2 seconds. I fast forwarded the you tube video to the end. Within 30 seconds I had the answer.

It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D
Why would I do that?
The puzzle was a combination of knowing maths & the fact that these things are always worth looking at closely for the traps.
All right...you can be in the top 20% like me.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 pm
It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D
Don't assume that everyone else is as stupid as you. As Vic says, some of us know how to use our brains.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

The answer is 21 surely , or am I missing something? I cannot believe that 80% can't do that. The eskimo holding 2 telescopes was the trip but the maths were infant/junior school level. Or they were when I went to school 50 years ago. And I was always last in class at maths.

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

Mangetout wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:01 pm
The answer is 21 surely , or am I missing something? I cannot believe that 80% can't do that. The eskimo holding 2 telescopes was the trip but the maths were infant/junior school level. Or they were when I went to school 50 years ago. And I was always last in class at maths.
The eskimo (5) is wearing a pair of boots (+10) and holding two telescopes (+4) = 19, x 2 (one telescope) = 38, + 5 (one boot) = 43.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout »

So it's about your observational skills ( or in my case eyesight) and not the simple maths. But I still don't get the final one boot. Where's that.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Its the first image in the pictogram equation.

A boot plus an Eskimo that is wearing 2 more boots and carrying a telescope multiplied by one telescope.

I knew it was an observation test, was pleased to have finally seen that there was an X and not a + but the Eskimos boots and telescope has finally persuaded me to go under the knife again for my eyesight.

ALBF. - young man, please be honest, had you seen that the Eskimo was wearing boots and carrying a telescope with your young eyes before cheating using Google? Or are they clear to you now without wearing glasses? They are only clear(er) to me wearing reading glasses.
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:42 pm
Its the first image in the pictogram equation.

A boot plus an Eskimo that is wearing 2 more boots and carrying a telescope multiplied by one telescope.

I knew it was an observation test, was pleased to have finally seen that there was an X and not a + but the Eskimos boots and telescope has finally persuaded me to go under the knife again for my eyesight.

ALBF. - young man, please be honest, had you seen that the Eskimo was wearing boots and carrying a telescope with your young eyes before cheating using Google? Or are they clear to you now without wearing glasses? They are only clear(er) to me wearing reading glasses.
Give it up chancer.
I can give you a few years, wear 'garage' glasses to read & didn't need three guesses yet still get it wrong.
Do stop squirming.There's no shame in admitting it was a bit beyond you.
Fair play though, at least you didn't mention your malaria induced memory loss. :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

That's not very nice vic that's why I do not go onto threads like this we are not all bright sparks :innocent:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

After the Storm

Post by After the Storm »

Awww Mysty, you should have gone off topic and talked about Alfa’s :lol:

mysty

Post by mysty »

My Alfa wows are like Brexit people want to move on they have had enough :lol:

Edit It should have been woes, so spell check says :lol:

Edit AtS says - you only edited that after my posts and me laughing !
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience