Are you in the 20%?

Ally

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by Ally »

Stand by your beds. 43 is a prime number.

Ally

Post by Ally »

I looked at it and thought, I'd be very surprised if fewer than 20% got the correct answer. Only one forum member, as far as I can see, has got the answer correct. Two if you count me. I've PMed the relevant person.

alittlebitmorefrench

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:50 pm
I looked at it and thought, I'd be very surprised if fewer than 20% got the correct answer. Only one forum member, as far as I can see, has got the answer correct. Two if you count me. I've PMed the relevant person.
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer

I did enjoy watching Chancer answers though :lol:

alittlebitmorefrench

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm
Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:50 pm

I did enjoy watching Chancer answers though :lol:
"Did you google and cheat ALBF ?"

"Yes ALBF."

"Your are a genius ALBF."

"I know" :D

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

As the video's 1:37 long and it would have taken you at least 30 seconds to find it on the web, you're not just a cheat but a bullshitter as well. :lol:
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Post by Ally »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 pm
As the video's 1:37 long and it would have taken you at least 30 seconds to find it on the web, you're not just a cheat but a bullshitter as well. :lol:
Notwithstanding the fact that he'd need to watch it several times and ultimately ask one of his kids for help.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Even though he is having a laugh at my expense I did acknowledge that he was the only one with young enough eyes to spot the difference in footwear and that the Eskimo was carrying a telescope, - still looks like a bottle of wine to me though :oops:

However now he has admitted that he cheated perhaps age related presbyopia has already caught up with him, can only be a good thing when it cancels out myopia though :good:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

If my answer is correct it's the order of operations wot does it coupled with an inkling that these puzzles are usually designed to trick the unwary.
Personally I prefered the 'old fashioned' parenthesis. :)
Always a pleasure to see chancer squirming mind you. :lol:

alittlebitmorefrench

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 pm
Wrong...you not so genius.

I googled 'only for genius eskimo boots'. That took 0.2 seconds. I fast forwarded the you tube video to the end. Within 30 seconds I had the answer.

It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D

vic evans

Post by vic evans »

Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 pm

I googled 'only for genius eskimo boots'. That took 0.2 seconds. I fast forwarded the you tube video to the end. Within 30 seconds I had the answer.

It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D
Why would I do that?
The puzzle was a combination of knowing maths & the fact that these things are always worth looking at closely for the traps.