Are you in the 20%?

Post Reply
Ally

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by Ally »

Stand by your beds. 43 is a prime number.

Ally

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by Ally »

I looked at it and thought, I'd be very surprised if fewer than 20% got the correct answer. Only one forum member, as far as I can see, has got the answer correct. Two if you count me. I've PMed the relevant person.

alittlebitmorefrench

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:50 pm
I looked at it and thought, I'd be very surprised if fewer than 20% got the correct answer. Only one forum member, as far as I can see, has got the answer correct. Two if you count me. I've PMed the relevant person.
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer




I did enjoy watching Chancer answers though :lol:

alittlebitmorefrench

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm
Ally wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:50 pm
I looked at it and thought, I'd be very surprised if fewer than 20% got the correct answer. Only one forum member, as far as I can see, has got the answer correct. Two if you count me. I've PMed the relevant person.
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer




I did enjoy watching Chancer answers though :lol:
"Did you google and cheat ALBF ?"

"Yes ALBF."

"Your are a genius ALBF."

"I know" :D

User avatar
FrenchForumSurvivor
Posts: 11760
Joined: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:24 pm
Location: Finistère (29)
Has thanked: 2836 times
Been thanked: 2800 times

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer
As the video's 1:37 long and it would have taken you at least 30 seconds to find it on the web, you're not just a cheat but a bullshitter as well. :lol:
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Ally

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by Ally »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 pm
alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer
As the video's 1:37 long and it would have taken you at least 30 seconds to find it on the web, you're not just a cheat but a bullshitter as well. :lol:
Notwithstanding the fact that he'd need to watch it several times and ultimately ask one of his kids for help.

Le Démerdeur
Posts: 13816
Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:22 pm
Location: Picardie and occasionally Sussex
Has thanked: 2765 times
Been thanked: 1994 times

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Even though he is having a laugh at my expense I did acknowledge that he was the only one with young enough eyes to spot the difference in footwear and that the Eskimo was carrying a telescope, - still looks like a bottle of wine to me though :oops:

However now he has admitted that he cheated perhaps age related presbyopia has already caught up with him, can only be a good thing when it cancels out myopia though :good:
“The good atmosphere of this forum relies on the collective responsibility of those that use it, it is not for us to have to monitor adults.”

vic evans

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by vic evans »

If my answer is correct it's the order of operations wot does it coupled with an inkling that these puzzles are usually designed to trick the unwary.
Personally I prefered the 'old fashioned' parenthesis. :)
Always a pleasure to see chancer squirming mind you. :lol:

alittlebitmorefrench

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

FrenchForumSurvivor wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:37 pm
alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:57 pm
You are wrong again. It took a genius like me...30 seconds...to get the answer
As the video's 1:37 long and it would have taken you at least 30 seconds to find it on the web, you're not just a cheat but a bullshitter as well. :lol:
Wrong...you not so genius.

I googled 'only for genius eskimo boots'. That took 0.2 seconds. I fast forwarded the you tube video to the end. Within 30 seconds I had the answer.

It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D

vic evans

Re: Are you in the 20%?

Post by vic evans »

alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:25 pm


I googled 'only for genius eskimo boots'. That took 0.2 seconds. I fast forwarded the you tube video to the end. Within 30 seconds I had the answer.

It seems that thousands (I am guessing Vic as well ;) ) did the same because it is a well known google search term. :D
Why would I do that?
The puzzle was a combination of knowing maths & the fact that these things are always worth looking at closely for the traps.

Post Reply