There was a report on Dordognshire on French news last night !

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
alittlebitmorefrench

Re: There was a report on Dordognshire on French news last night !

Post by alittlebitmorefrench »

exile wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:47 am
alittlebitmorefrench wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:56 am
mysty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 9:52 am
You failed in your answer. Do you think Amazon manufacture all there products in the depot one hour from your home. :lol:
There products get transported from throughout the world.
Well done.

Half the food that the Eymetmuppets buy from the UK passes them on the A10 on the way to the UK from Spain and Portugal. And then it comes back from from the UK to Eymet :D It is morally wrong.

It is all about minimising distribution costs in terms of fuel to save our wonderful planet. Amazon are quite good at that.
And ditto half the food coming from Iberia passes by Tours to go to Rungis (Paris's Covent Garden) before being shipped back to Tours. If you want to flog your eco-credentials I suggest you grow these goods in your garden/window box.
Ummm no.

Rungis pretty much serves the restaurant market in Ile de France.

Super U does not get its produce from Rungis. :roll:

alittlebitmorefrench

mysty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Also my good man.
Your eco credentials are weak.
You have three cars a Saab, Yeti and BMW.
Only two of you drive, none of them are French manufactured or built in France. :lol:
You burn pine firewood :lol:
Just because you shop at eco marche does not make you an eco warrior :lol:
My Saab is more eco friendly than your new car. It is more eco friendly than a Toyota prius.

I don't burn pine ?

alittlebitmorefrench

greyman wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 pm
Just bought some gorgonzola in Grand Frais. Made in Italy and it appears not to have been teleported to France. Similarly artisan cheddar looks like it was made in UK and not Spain/Portugal.
You are the real muppet who spends his life on an anglo forum smirking at the people who turned a desolate, dying French village into a thriving French town, providing work to local French people. There's a big world out there, full of people experiencing real life, some successful, some afraid, some struggling to get to grips with the language and changes but most of them are not sat at their keyboard pretending to be integrated whilst living a virtual life on an English -speaking forum.
Get outside, see the sun and take some chances. You may even discover there are lots of non-French people in France.
So, if everyone in France ordered their food from Maidstone (even French food exported to the UK from France) that would be fine with you.

Who cares about the loss of tax to France. Who cares about the extra millage and the damage to the planet.. Who cares about starving people in Africa.

Or, is it just OK for Brits who move to Eymet who want to live in Brit world in France.

It is like dealing with school children.

mysty

Post by mysty »

Sun May 26, 2019 12:24 pm
mysty wrote:
Also my good man.
Only two of you drive, none of them are French manufactured or built in France. :lol:
My Saab is more eco friendly than your new car. It is more eco friendly than a Toyota prius.

I don't burn pine ?
You paid your tree cutter for the biggest tree in the world that you had cut down and paid to keep it for firewood was that not pine.
You need to do some memory exercises. :lol:
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

alittlebitmorefrench

mysty wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:30 pm
Sun May 26, 2019 12:24 pm
mysty wrote:
Also my good man.

I don't burn pine ?
You paid your tree cutter for the biggest tree in the world that you had cut down and paid to keep it for firewood was that not pine.
You need to do some memory exercises. :lol:
Oooh yes that one.

That is stacked in the garden.

That will take another 3 years to dry out.

Everyone says I can burn it apart from the people installing the new chimney :lol:

It is OK for barbecues though....apparently. It gives a pine taste to the food :shock:

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The Saab is the most eco friendly car in the world after ALBF laid hands to it, zero CO2 emissions, just like the virtual reality renovations, zero carbon footprint.

ALBF is probably the most green amongst us until the day that hot air is classed as a greenhouse gas .

alittlebitmorefrench

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:20 pm

ALBF is probably the most green amongst us until the day that hot air is classed as a greenhouse gas .
Your twelve paragraph posts produce more gas :D

In fact your posts produce more gas than Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune combined.

:D

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

If you were not using a smartphone or tablette and had a proper keyboard you too would be able to communicate.

On second thoughts................

FrenchForumSurvivor

Post by FrenchForumSurvivor »

It's Mrs Gonzo I feel sorry for, having to work from home.
"I am a man of fixed and unbending principles, the first of which is to be flexible at all times." - Everett Dirksen

Mike

Post by Mike »

DominicBest wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 8:58 am
I think the hotelier is in Thiviers. Last year he posted on a forum, possibly even this one, that he was on Escape to the Sun that day. Another ‘Brits in Dordogne’ news report I’ve seen recently visited the police horse place.
I think the chap in Thiviers who re-opened a Hotel and Restaurant (closed down for years) appeared on a programme called "A new life in the Sun", as our place is close by thought it may be worth a visit, it is the only Hotel in Thiviers and the only restaurant where you don't take pot luck if its open or not, the chap and his wife/partner and the chef where very pleasant and the food was OK, but the cost was way over the top for what we ordered, the ambience was awful, decoration very poor, seeing as this had only been open a few months it should have been a lot better.