Been thanked: 0

Re: isolation pour un euro!

Post by vic evans » Wed May 08, 2019 5:08 pm

Plutocrat, Moi !
I'm a comfy off pussycrat. :D

limousinlady

Post by limousinlady » Wed May 08, 2019 7:02 pm

Thanks for the info everyone. Our lofts are well insulated but they are also offering sous-sol, so I think I will give that a go. It is good to hear from people who have taken up the offers and that they are genuine.

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Wed May 08, 2019 8:00 pm

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:53 pm
I'm going to give it a swerve because I have already insulated everywhere with UK subsidised £10, £5 and IIRC towards the end £1 rolls of insulation, not as good a deal as the French one but I brought over loads and sold on as much as I used to cover the transport costs.

I did look into it and I could claim a top up of the insulation above my own appartement but as the only way to fit it is to peel off the tin roof I doubt they will be interested, if they just left me the rolls I would do it myself or probably take them to and sell them in the UK :twisted: :lol:

You know that its a good earner for them because their démarcheurs are phoning me all day long without cease!
The insulation doesn't come in rolls, it is finely chopped white fibre glass which is sprayed throughout the loft to a depth of 30cm. When it's finished it looks like there's been a blizzard in the loft. It's rather pretty!
Syd.
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm

In which case there will probably be access for that, what size is the hose/nozzle Syd?

It might even go through where the downlighters are.

Editted, if I remove the faitage they could blow it through everywhere.

I will have to stop myself hanging up on the next démarcheur :lol:

Mangetout

Post by Mangetout » Wed May 08, 2019 8:32 pm

Le-Dolly wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm
Aardvark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm
I usually view these too-good-to-be-true offers with suspicion. You would no doubt have to pay up front and then try to claim your money back, or only get the money in the form of a tax refund which is no use if you don't pay tax. And of course the whole thing will be in French so you are unlikely to understand all the loopholes anyway.
Pass. :?
I don't know if this is the case, we had extensive roof work done and had a new chaudiere installed. We do not pay income tax so the "tax refund" was in the form of a 5000€+ cheque. The offer of 1€ insulation is genuine, we have used it and 1€ is what we paid. There were no loopholes and only a fool would pass this offer by.
From what I've read its 1euro for those with a joint income of up to ~27k and 10 e a metre for income above. So not a bargain for everyone.
These users thanked the author Mangetout for the post:
Shely (Thu May 09, 2019 8:40 am)

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed May 08, 2019 8:51 pm

That was the case last time I tried, I would have had to pay, just clicked on te link again and it came up as zero cost.

Now here is the werid thing which is probably explained by my browser settings, cache etc. It asked me my RFR then did the calculation and this time said zero cost, I decided to go back and tap in a higher RFR and the box had dissapeared and the page was different saying that everybody now gets it for nothing regardless of their resources.

The exception being some departements in the sunny Sud!

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Wed May 08, 2019 9:20 pm

Apart from my inherent distrust of free lunches and signing stuff in a foreign language, I don't have a conventional loft. (Its a loft but not as we know it, Jim). ie. the bedroom has no ceiling, just the rafters, collars, and the covering boards showing. No where to put the insulation, and I'm desperately allergic to glass fibre stuff. When I insulate behind dry lining I have to use the foil multilayer stuff or the wood fibre panels that are silly expensive.
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Thu May 09, 2019 12:31 am

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 8:12 pm
In which case there will probably be access for that, what size is the hose/nozzle Syd?

It might even go through where the downlighters are.

Editted, if I remove the faitage they could blow it through everywhere.

I will have to stop myself hanging up on the next démarcheur :lol:
Not certain, but I reckon the dia of the hose is around 150mm. Don't forget the operator has to be able to gain access to spray the fibre glass all around the entire loft, they don't just shove the hose in and hope for the best. If a surveyor comes to look at your loft he'll be able to decide if insolation is possible. They also need to be certain it's possible for a truck to pull alogside your house, close enogh to feed the hose in. Hope this helps, but feel most, if not all info is on the website.

Syd.
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Thu May 09, 2019 1:16 am

That helps a lot thanks Syd.

Maricopa
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Maricopa » Thu May 09, 2019 6:55 am

A word of caution. A local woman had her loft insulated for 1€. It was done with a type of shredded paper. It should not be in contact with any heat source. In her case it wasn't cleared from around her fire conduit. Her insurers are currently chasing the installers for a counter claim for the subsequent fire that destroyed her house.