isolation pour un euro!

Water, electricity, gas etc.
limousinlady

isolation pour un euro!

Post by limousinlady » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am

Has anyone ever taken up this offer? Does I actually cost 1 euro. I have seen numerous adverts and have received telephone calls for it, but is it actually true?

mysty

Re: isolation pour un euro!

Post by mysty » Wed May 08, 2019 11:16 am

Its genuine, I thought it was a scam type ad.
There is a thread on the forum somewhere.
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

basileus
Has thanked: 0

Post by basileus » Wed May 08, 2019 11:20 am

Annoyingly we paid 5k€ last year for isolation. Now we get daily calls with the one euro offer..... :o(

Elizabeth

Post by Elizabeth » Wed May 08, 2019 11:20 am

There was a stall offering this on a local market

mysty

Post by mysty » Wed May 08, 2019 11:21 am

These users thanked the author mysty for the post:
limousinlady (Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm)
mysty1 the new up to date user friendly version for an enhanced user experience

Aardvark

Post by Aardvark » Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm

I usually view these too-good-to-be-true offers with suspicion. You would no doubt have to pay up front and then try to claim your money back, or only get the money in the form of a tax refund which is no use if you don't pay tax. And of course the whole thing will be in French so you are unlikely to understand all the loopholes anyway.
Pass. :?
These users thanked the author Aardvark for the post:
limousinlady (Wed May 08, 2019 12:36 pm)
Life: Terms and Conditions apply

Le-Dolly

Post by Le-Dolly » Wed May 08, 2019 1:29 pm

Aardvark wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 12:20 pm
I usually view these too-good-to-be-true offers with suspicion. You would no doubt have to pay up front and then try to claim your money back, or only get the money in the form of a tax refund which is no use if you don't pay tax. And of course the whole thing will be in French so you are unlikely to understand all the loopholes anyway.
I don't know if this is the case, we had extensive roof work done and had a new chaudiere installed. We do not pay income tax so the "tax refund" was in the form of a 5000€+ cheque. The offer of 1€ insulation is genuine, we have used it and 1€ is what we paid. There were no loopholes and only a fool would pass this offer by.
These users thanked the author Le-Dolly for the post (total 3):
mauve2 (Wed May 08, 2019 2:04 pm) • mysty (Wed May 08, 2019 4:59 pm) • limousinlady (Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 pm)
Le-Dolly ( . )( . ) www.pink-electrique.fr

Crazy Diamond

Post by Crazy Diamond » Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Aardvark wrote:
You are completely wrong. Our lofts were insulated last September and the total I paid (by credit card!) was 1 euro, a couple of weeks after the work was completed. It's nothing to do with tax refunds and there aren't any loopholes.
The procedure is straight forward: You apply online, they send you an online form to complete, after submitting this and assuming you meet the criteria, somebody contacts you to arrange an appointment for a surveyor to call, he comes round, surveys and measures what is involved and after you're sent a pro-forma invoice. Once this is signed off "Bon pour accord" they arrange a convenient time for the team to come and carry out the insulation.
Our work was carried out by two chaps in just under a couple of hours and they left the place clean and tidy. For info our work comprised 60m² of insulation in two lofts and the total including 5.5% TVA on the pro-forma is €901, of which I paid a mere €1, so I'm a happy bunny. Given the time it took, the total invoice value and the notional number of properties which could be completed in a day, this is a nice little earner for somebody.
Obviously somebody (probably a government dept) is picking up the tab but I couldn't find out from either the surveyor or the guys who carried out the work who this is.
When we had the work carried out, to qualify for the €1 price it was conditional your income was low. I believe this is no longer the case and plutocrats like Vic E, Dominic B, etc can now apply. Le Dolly is right, nobody in their right mind would pass on this. Mmmmm, there may be a few on here who'd give it a body swerve!
And yes, this subject has featured previously. Last year actually and that's what prompted me to have the work done

Syd.
These users thanked the author Crazy Diamond for the post (total 2):
mysty (Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm) • limousinlady (Wed May 08, 2019 7:35 pm)
Sometimes a majority just means all the wrong people are on the same side.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur » Wed May 08, 2019 4:53 pm

I'm going to give it a swerve because I have already insulated everywhere with UK subsidised £10, £5 and IIRC towards the end £1 rolls of insulation, not as good a deal as the French one but I brought over loads and sold on as much as I used to cover the transport costs.

I did look into it and I could claim a top up of the insulation above my own appartement but as the only way to fit it is to peel off the tin roof I doubt they will be interested, if they just left me the rolls I would do it myself or probably take them to and sell them in the UK :twisted: :lol:

You know that its a good earner for them because their démarcheurs are phoning me all day long without cease!

DominicBest

Post by DominicBest » Wed May 08, 2019 5:00 pm

Crazy Diamond wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 4:19 pm
Aardvark wrote:
You are completely wrong. Our lofts were insulated last September and the total I paid (by credit card!) was 1 euro, a couple of weeks after the work was completed. It's nothing to do with tax refunds and there aren't any loopholes.
The procedure is straight forward: You apply online, they send you an online form to complete, after submitting this and assuming you meet the criteria, somebody contacts you to arrange an appointment for a surveyor to call, he comes round, surveys and measures what is involved and after you're sent a pro-forma invoice. Once this is signed off "Bon pour accord" they arrange a convenient time for the team to come and carry out the insulation.
Our work was carried out by two chaps in just under a couple of hours and they left the place clean and tidy. For info our work comprised 60m² of insulation in two lofts and the total including 5.5% TVA on the pro-forma is €901, of which I paid a mere €1, so I'm a happy bunny. Given the time it took, the total invoice value and the notional number of properties which could be completed in a day, this is a nice little earner for somebody.
Obviously somebody (probably a government dept) is picking up the tab but I couldn't find out from either the surveyor or the guys who carried out the work who this is.
When we had the work carried out, to qualify for the €1 price it was conditional your income was low. I believe this is no longer the case and plutocrats like Vic E, Dominic B, etc can now apply. Le Dolly is right, nobody in their right mind would pass on this. Mmmmm, there may be a few on here who'd give it a body swerve!
And yes, this subject has featured previously. Last year actually and that's what prompted me to have the work done

Syd.
I’m not quite sure why I’m listed as a plutocrat but, nevertheless, I will give it a miss simply because I’ve got nowhere to put it.