Problems getting my Daily Mail fix.

Computers, Internet & Broadband, IT issues, Phones & Mobiles and televisions.
Le Démerdeur

Re: Problems getting my Daily Mail fix.

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Whilst I always expect the usual responses on a subject such as this the percentage of helpful replies these days on this forum has dropped to an all time low, like zero percent. There really is no need to repeat the pi**taking when you could just click on the thanks/like button.

Can anybody help me with this computer problem or does everybody just use their phone these days?

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

I just persevered and read a whole article (Timothy Spalls weigh loss) it was very hard and after a couple of minutes yet another pop up sprung up wanting me to sign up to Daily Mail Goss which I have had before and yet again cannot be removed leaving only one small portion at the top left of the screen to read the article but the text goes across the whole screen so its impossible.

Is their really nobody on here that can at least try? Does nobody use a computer any more and just read tweets on mobile phones? I'm beginning to think so given how many times I am criticised for typing too many words. There was a time when you could count on help from forums, I know what I can count on these days.

Ally

Post by Ally »

Is their really nobody on here that can at least try?
Aye! You. You're no exactly endearing yourself to those who might have a solution.

jsks

Post by jsks »

You may have answered (partly) your own question when asking if everyone uses mobiles.

I sometimes use a chromebook which runs the Chrome browser and get these annoying pop-up videos on the DM site yet using chrome browser on the phone the pages open faster and cleaner. Why not use you smartphone and see if you get on with it? When the DM site loads it will ask you if you want the original site or mobile site. I find the original better.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Because I have one functioning eye that becomes fatigued during the day just as I do, I would rather sit at a computer and look at a screen of 672cm2 to my phone with a screen of 66cm2 and a keyboard that I can type on.

Its beginning to dawn on me that I must be the only person on this forum to use a computer.

Lemorvan

Post by Lemorvan »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:42 pm
I know what I can count on these days.
Fingers, toes?

I have three laptops with different OS. An iPhone, iPad and an iPod Touch. I much prefer the computers for ease of use but the Apples devices are handy when out and about.

Maricopa

Post by Maricopa »

Le Démerdeur wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:34 pm
Its beginning to dawn on me that I must be the only person on this forum to use a computer.
I do look at this forum on both phone and computer. However at the moment I am on holiday so only using my phone. From what I recall the DM page when my wife looks at it appears to be perfectly fine. I could take a look later next week.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

Thanks for the offer Maricopa, today at least the problem seems to have gone away, no pop ups on either the home page or within the articles, hope it not famous last words.

curtis

Post by curtis »

Is Timothy Spall's weight loss worth all this fuss ? What on earth do you get from the DM site ?
Drive fast, attract the Police. Drive faster, attract sponsors.

Le Démerdeur

Post by Le Démerdeur »

The pleasure of pleasing those like yourself.

For me its a very clear and readable layout of the home page, that might be because of my vision or a really old slow computer, other sites I just find real hard work, a proper newspaper would be a real treat.

Some of the articles are reasonably well written and not significantly different to what I see linked to in the other sites, the majority though are Daily Mail specials, the big give away is that often the title has spelling or punctuation errors or just plain makes no sense.

Many of the other sites that have articles linked to from here wont work on my computer either because of a paywall or the anti-virus software, if I disable it they still wont load.